Discussion topic: Gathering Troubleshooting Stats for Broadband Engineer Visit?

This message was authored by stevenayers This message was authored by: stevenayers

Gathering Troubleshooting Stats for Broadband Engineer Visit?

Hi folks,

We're having some problem with my FTTC line, and speaking to support, it seems like they're unable to access log history or a history of in-depth metrics.

The internet light goes orange most days, and then the Sky Hub restarts, and you can't see any of the logs from before it restarted, so I wanted to provide the Broadband Engineer visiting this weekend with as much info as possible.

The steps I've taken are:

- I've started forwarding the router syslogs to a Raspberry Pi setup to receive them

- I poll the router statistics and the connection status every 15 seconds and store them with a timestamp in a DB running on the Raspberry Pi

Is there any other information I can gather to help the Engineer understand what the issue is? I'm a dev but not as knowledgable about networks so I'm not sure what else would help.

Thanks!

Best Answers
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk Answer

Re: Gathering Troubleshooting Stats for Broadband Engineer Visit?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@stevenayers 

Could you post your router stats

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/m-p/2855717#M1014...

Openreach carry their own diagnostic equipment.  So they will go to the local cabinet to reset the dlm, go to you house to run to run diagnostics and then go and fix the fault.  I think you have enough info to show them if necessary

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk Answer

Re: Gathering Troubleshooting Stats for Broadband Engineer Visit?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@stevenayers 

Could you post your router stats

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/m-p/2855717#M1014...

Openreach carry their own diagnostic equipment.  So they will go to the local cabinet to reset the dlm, go to you house to run to run diagnostics and then go and fix the fault.  I think you have enough info to show them if necessary

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion