Frustrated with sky q and ps4

Runner
Post 1 of 4

Frustrated with sky q and ps4

I brought my son a ps4 Pro for Christmas and it was working great for a couple of days. During this time I was running 3 ps4 on my network no lag or being kicked out of anything.

But for the last week when he is in a party chat and playing fornite he gets kicked from the game and also the chat due to network error. SONY have said I need to open 17 ports on my router and clear my cache which I have done but no change. I have sky q with unlimited fibre whe. Checking connection on the ps4 it says receiving 90% signal and 25mbps.

My sky q box is downstairs next to the router with my ps4 getting 100% connection and 30mbps and this ps4 is fine no issues.

Any ideas or anyone had this issue and got a fix

Justin
All Replies
Boom Operator
Post 2 of 4

Re: Frustrated with sky q and ps4

Running multiple consoles can be problematic but mainly this is due to matchmaking issues when multiple consoles  are playing the same game. Forwarding ports can sometimes introduce issues too as you are forwarding ports to a single device......what if the other PS needs those ports too. Mainly most people rely on UPNP and is good enough, is that enabled?

Just to confirm though, the PS with the issue - when getting kicked from the game and chat does the PS still have it's wifi connection?

Runner
Post 3 of 4

This doesn't just happen when multi playstations are on, it also happens when it is the only one playing. It doesn't lose its WiFi connection and doesn't need to be be signed back in.

Justin
Oracle
Post 4 of 4

Hi @Rawhawk86

Even though the user doesnt need to sign back in it could still be a very quick connection drop. I suggest you test the PS4 with an ethernet cable for a few days first so you dont waste your time troubleshooting things like ports if its just a simple WiFi issue.