Free upgrade

Answered
Go to Answer
Boom Operator
Post 136 of 183

Re: Free upgrade

On topic of Wi-Fi performance I find some devices work well with 2G and others better with 5G ..Q router allow both.  Using Q router allows dual band wifi and G bit in the home...to make best use of fiber speeds . And remember to buy a G bit switch ( not a 100M) if you need to expand beyond the 2 ports.

BTW...Microwaves are the other Wi-Fi killer I find..good news is usually only a 2 minute hit!!

Richard of Essex
Runner
Post 137 of 183

I got this letter too, just spoke to customer service and they know nothing about it...  need to hunt the letter out and speak to them again

Sound Designer
Post 138 of 183

It seems to be the pattern that the upload increases immediately but the download follows on later, i am on the first day of the upgrade and my upload has doubled while the down is still running at a rock solid 38, i guess there are probably very good technical reasons why it happens this way and as it is a free boost i am not going to moan about waiting a few days.

Viewer
Post 139 of 183

i had the letter back in october....was upgraded in december and now ive been billed for fibre max this month.......

Researcher
Post 140 of 183

@gspans wrote:

i had the letter back in october....was upgraded in december and now ive been billed for fibre max this month.......

I posted about this issue a few weeks back and was told that i will not be charged.

No suprise that last month i was charged and when called them they said i will be refunded the following month. I was told that i will not be charged when i called them in November/Decmber when i checked the future bills.

Executive Producer
Post 141 of 183

@generater wrote:

It seems to be the pattern that the upload increases immediately but the download follows on later, i am on the first day of the upgrade and my upload has doubled while the down is still running at a rock solid 38, i guess there are probably very good technical reasons why it happens this way and as it is a free boost i am not going to moan about waiting a few days.

I noticed the same thing and found it quite odd. I pulled the plug on the hub and the download speed then increased from 38 to 75.

No idea why it only changes the upload speed when they upgrade it but if you are still not seeing the download speed increase I would try a proper reboot.

Camera Assistant
Post 142 of 183

i got my upgrade the other dat line states went drom 67mb to 79mb

has dlm fineshed by looking at these states Capture2.JPG

Researcher
Post 143 of 183

What website is everyone using to check their speed, Normally I use SpeedTest that gives me 75 Mbps but if I use Speedofme then that gives me 50Mbps.  When i'm testing its always wired.

Oracle
Post 144 of 183

I use speedtest.net and thinkbroadband.com.

Boom Operator
Post 145 of 183

Not sure it really matters as long as you use the same one each time to get a consistent benchmark figure.

I use 2 test sites both of which gave similar up and download speeds but having seen recommends on this forum about thinkbroadband.com, I thought I`d give it a try and whilst getting much the same download the upload was horrendously different at 1.9mbs (compared to around 9mbs). Can`t think that`s correct as my Skype connection is pretty good and would think 1.9 would show up.

Managing Editor
Post 146 of 183

Patience continued awaiting free fibre upgrade....

Boom Operator
Post 147 of 183

What is it they say....somethings a virtue? OR it comes to all those who wait ! Hang in there you aren`t alone it`s not "spring" yet so if you haven`t been upgraded when the fist daffodil arrives then shout.

Researcher
Post 148 of 183

I got the free upgrade today. Just got the email. So now should be getting between 60-80mb after the initial 10 days of unsettled possibility. 

Happy happy. 

Researcher
Post 149 of 183

Anyway of knowing when?gotcye mail in Oct.cheers

Oracle
Post 150 of 183

@Teamlead, no, other than it will happen some time up to Spring.

Recommended Threads
20-12-2018 06:54 PM
23-11-2018 06:09 PM
16-11-2018 08:21 PM
oliviaxo 01-10-2018 02:33 PM
11-12-2018 04:38 PM