Free upgrade

This topic has been answered
Go to Answer
Boom Operator
Post 1 of 360

Free upgrade

Just received letter from SKY, telling me they are upgrading network area by area, and as such my fibre is to be upgraded up to fibre max for free with no extra monthly cost, has anybody else received this offer?

Answer

Best Answers
Answer
Oracle
Post 2 of 360

Re: Free upgrade

I know Sky are making this offer available to a number of customers, so others will be receiving similar letters. BT made a similar offer to me.

All Replies
Answer
Oracle
Post 2 of 360

I know Sky are making this offer available to a number of customers, so others will be receiving similar letters. BT made a similar offer to me.

Managing Editor
Post 3 of 360

Yippee 63MB

Amazimg  what shall  I do online ... hope I get blue ray writer from eBay bidding tomorrow 

Sound Designer
Post 4 of 360

i got the same letter yesterday

Camera Operator
Post 5 of 360

I've just got the letter but peed off.  Only upgraded to max a few weeks ago! Now i could have changed  for no extra. 

Oracle
Post 6 of 360

@purpleparrotuk wrote:

I've just got the letter but peed off.  Only upgraded to max a few weeks ago! Now i could have changed  for no extra. 

Hi @purpleparrotuk when Sky told us about the change I immediately thought there will be people who are in your position who will feel angry. My sympathies but we all have bought something thst dropped in price after our purchase part of life.

I guess you could try to see if Sky will give you a discount but that would be a good will gesture as no legal reason why they should but you dont get if you don't ask..

==========================

Oracles are customers and people too.
Runner
Post 7 of 360

But why are they doing this? Wil there be a price rise because of it a few months down the line? I consistently get 40Mb from my current Sky fibre and am quite happy.

Managing Editor
Post 8 of 360

@hap99

Competition I suspect could be the 1st reason for upgrade

2nd reason being as you had suggested, future price rises.

Meanwhile i plan to at least try and find some way of making use once the speed is increased.

The search for inexpensive blue ray writer continues after todays unsuccessful e-bay bidding.

Runner
Post 9 of 360

I've just renewed and my price was £90 discounted to £77. So yes, they have factored in the imminent speed increase as I used to pay £60. I got to keep 40M "fibre" but 2 days later received the email stating my "free" upgrade was due from December onwards. Still, wanted the faster speed but didn't want to pay for it. So I guess that having the speed upgrade 6 months in to a new contract and having paid perhaps half the 80M price for the year is fair but certainly not free!

Managing Editor
Post 10 of 360

I'm not sure how to proceed as my package is due to rise to £100 from Dec's bill.

q silver/minibox/40mb fibre (upto 63 before Spring hopefully) and tel line

I could drop sports next few weeks and continue with t.v. Discount'.(I use Apple4kt.v.for movies)

Although I'm happy with reliability of Sky fibre- I have been tempted with VM or BT fliers in post recently particularly BT only fibre of theirs I haven't yet tried.

Researcher
Post 11 of 360

I got this letter last week. And then checked my bill i was pay £18.99 for line and £20 for unlimited 38.99. No offers

So i look at the website and it changed to only have fiber max at £27 all in. So i upgraded early not waiting for free upgrade and got it for £30 all in (18month contract) and £54 credit (£3x18m) to make up the difference so my sky bill next month is only about £26 from £90+to £76 now and renewed my tv contract as i was on a legacy package.

Look on there site and just add all the stuff in your package and see what price it comes out and then give them a call if it is less

Camera Operator
Post 12 of 360

At the moment I have a special price for 38 MPs Fibre which is £10 pcm (£20 with a special £10 discount) that was supposed to last for ever.  Sky’s e-mail says 63 MPs for the same price as I pay now.    

If that is true then I call that a pretty good deal!

Managing Editor
Post 13 of 360

@WorthingGooner

Since my previous post I've reviewed my current and future bills.

I didn't realise  my existing fibre deal with Sky has some time to run possibly into 2019.

I don't think I'll be changing provider until q1 or q2 2019-only if I need to..

My only concern is,  if I get into a new contract next year and if Qualcomm decide to apply their ideas about price rises. (Maybe I Watch too much Ian King live-one of my fav'  sky news prog's)

Camera Assistant
Post 14 of 360

Recently upgraded to fibre max and got the letter about the free upgrade to max.

It is what it is but what SKY didn`t need to put in the letter was "We are upgrading your area blah blah".....

Not sure if they think we are daft and want us to think WOW brilliant but I am already getting the speed they have quoted so, sorry no you are not upgrading the infrastructure in my neighbourhood at all.

Sorry, should I say they will and I will have a higher speed than quoted, time will tell but at the minute a real piece of gimmick to me.

SKY Q 2TB v1 + mini
SKY Fibre MAX unlimited
Panasonic 50dx750b
Sonos Playbar
Camera Operator
Post 15 of 360

Sky told me the upgrade for free is a new 18 month contract. At the end it reverts to full price unless you haggle near the time. It’s not a forever deal. 

Recommended Threads
47 minutes ago 02:17 PM
4 hours ago 11:17 AM
Jaber 5 hours ago 09:55 AM
Oracle 7 hours ago 08:22 AM
Oracle yesterday 10:23 PM