Discussion topic: For a number of weeks my WIFI keeps dropping. It says I'm connected without Internet.

This message was authored by Moaty This message was authored by: Moaty

For a number of weeks my WIFI keeps dropping. It says I'm connected without Internet.

For a number of weeks my WIFI keeps dropping. It says I'm connected without Internet.

I had a similar issue two months ago, that lasted three days. I did all the necessary checks and was advised that there were no issues in the area. I then received an email from Sky advising that there was actually an issue and the connection was fine for about a month. Unfortunately a few weeks ago, it has started again. Coincidentally it seemed to be after some workers were digging up the road and looked to be working on cables both down a nearby road and at the top of my road. Is this a coincidence?

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: For a number of weeks my WIFI keeps dropping. It says I'm connected without Internet.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Moaty Please post your router stats
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/td-p/2855717/jump... 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
Moaty
Topic Author
This message was authored by Moaty This message was authored by: Moaty

Re: For a number of weeks my WIFI keeps dropping. It says I'm connected without Internet.

Hi James,

I appreciate the reply and opportunity to share information. I have previously gone down this route, but much to no avail. 

Ultimately,  it was an external cable issue.  Excellent timely phone consultation and advise from Sky, swiftly resulted in a visit from Open reach.  The issue was a rusted connection on the telephone pole. Now back to full excellent health.

Calling and getting through to someone is excellent!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion