Discussion topic: Fibre install tomorrow - Unifi AP’s?

This message was authored by LiamMcQ This message was authored by: LiamMcQ

Fibre install tomorrow - Unifi AP’s?

Hi all, 

I am having Sky FTTP installed tomorrow. 

We currently have ADSL with another provider, and use their router but not their WiFi. Property has 6x Ubiquiti Unifi access points - is there anything I need to do to prepare for the install? Is it just a case of running a cat 6 from the new sky hub to the existing Unifi switch? 

Thanks 

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Fibre install tomorrow - Unifi AP’s?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@LiamMcQ 

It depends how its setup. Is your current providers router doing the authenticating on the line and then just connecting to your Ubiquiti gear via LAN or are you authenticating directly on the Ubiquiti gear?

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
LiamMcQ
Topic Author
This message was authored by LiamMcQ This message was authored by: LiamMcQ

Hi, yes current provider's router does the auth, and hooks to Unifi switch by Ethernet. 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@LiamMcQ it should be a straight swap. It would be sensible to disable the Sky hub's wifi though. To do that on the usual black Sky hub open its web interface by typing 192.168.0.1 into a browser and click on wifi log inwith the user as admin and the password as the wifi code on the label and disable both bands and apply the change. Apple ios devices often have issues if you have to use one use Chrome rather than Safari and you may need a few attempts to get the change to stick. The new White Sky Wifi Max hub is controlled by the My Sky app the setting is in the Advanced Wifi menu.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion