Discussion topic: Ex partner wants to potentially continue as sky customer

This message was authored by brassnuts This message was authored by: brassnuts

Ex partner wants to potentially continue as sky customer

Hi,

am moving out of my current property next week. My ex partner will continue to live at the property. She would like to set up a new account and broadband package to run concurrently from when mine ends. Is this possible and can she use the equipment that i could potentially leave for her?

We are having huge trouble actually contacting Sky about this because any number asks for the current account number or that her phone is not the registered account holder etc and we hit a dead end.

Can anyone advise on this or provide a contact route that actually leads to getting this sorted.

Thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Ex partner wants to potentially continue as sky customer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@brassnuts 

You, as the account holder will need to contact Sky and cancel your subscription and give the required notice of 14 days, but if you are still in the initial 18 months deal Sky could impose cancellation charges. This link may help https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cancel-sky-broadband

You will need to return the current loaned equipment. Your ex will then have to take out her own subscription with new equipment.

Return packaging will be sent out to you near the end of the notice period. Remember to keep any proof of posting indefinitely.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@brassnuts after your cancellation has gone through Sky can accept a new order from your partner. Hopefully any downtime can be brief but they cannot accept a new order until you have cancelled.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by mormegil This message was authored by: mormegil

If you are not moving your services with you all your ex has to do it go to sky.com and create a new account, when placing an order it will go as an active line take over with a new number that will stop your service the same time as the new one starts and there should be no down time 

once the order is placed you will get a notification of the cancellation and you can then call to cancel any tv subscription you have

brassnuts
Topic Author
This message was authored by brassnuts This message was authored by: brassnuts

Hiya,

I should of mentioned it but I cancelled everything a few days ago. Broadband service is due to end on 14th March and TV on 1st April. She only wants to continue with the broadband.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@brassnuts dhe will have to call Sky and place an order there is a standard 10 working day lead time set by Ofcom   so it is unlikely to be in time for the 14th March.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion