Ewelink

This topic has been answered
Go to Answer
Viewer
Post 16 of 19

Re: Ewelink

I have this problem, and can’t work out how to sort it. Could you tell me exactly how to connect my EWeLink switches please?

Viewer
Post 17 of 19

Hi all,

it's pretty easy to even connect a device to 2.4 Ghz even if you cannot switch off the 5Ghz Channel. There is basically no router that does only have 5Ghz. 5Ghz has problems to go through walls. Just get away from the router far enough with your mobile (you can retry to connect to your wifi with Ewelink app all the time. As soon as you loose 5Ghz Connection (you won't see that on your mobile signal, maybe with some special app), you can continue and move near the appliance/router again. The device itself will then connect to 2.4 Ghz WLAN offered from the router.

Hope this helps!

Viewer
Post 18 of 19

Basically 2.4Ghz makes more sense even, because when moving around furniture etc. or moving the devices, 2.4 Ghz is more stable. The only issue is: Ewelink App on your mobile only checks the signal you are currently connected to with your mobile, not if there is a 2.4Ghz signal avail. from your router.

Just move away from the router some meters or behind a wall and you will not see the popup telling you that only 2.4Ghz is supported and you can continue.

Executive Producer
Post 19 of 19

@GreatSUN wrote:

Basically 2.4Ghz makes more sense even, because when moving around furniture etc. or moving the devices, 2.4 Ghz is more stable. The only issue is: Ewelink App on your mobile only checks the signal you are currently connected to with your mobile, not if there is a 2.4Ghz signal avail. from your router.

Just move away from the router some meters or behind a wall and you will not see the popup telling you that only 2.4Ghz is supported and you can continue.

I was at a friend's flat this morning and operation on the 2.4Ghz band was almost impossible because of interference. Connected by 5Ghz and it was solid and stable with maximum speed that their broadband would handle, so go figure on the stability of 2.4Ghz?

-------

With Zen internet on G.fast (212Mbps down, 41Mbps up throughput). Too much equipment to list in this house!
Recommended Threads