Discussion topic: Eufy Video Doorbell 1080p (Battery-Powered) not ringing phone after Sky sent a new router to change

This message was authored by Andy+Wilson+49 This message was authored by: Andy+Wilson+49

Eufy Video Doorbell 1080p (Battery-Powered) not ringing phone after Sky sent a new router to change

Eufy Video Doorbell 1080p (Battery-Powered) not ringing phone after ISP sent a new router to change to fibre

Best Answers
Andy+Wilson+49
Topic Author
This message was authored by Andy+Wilson+49 This message was authored by: Andy+Wilson+49 Answer

Re: Eufy Video Doorbell 1080p (Battery-Powered) not ringing phone after Sky sent a new router to cha

Thanks for the reply, I did not need to reconnect because I have a mesh set up and the wifi on the router is off with ethernet to the first node of the mesh. I now have a solution, the ringtone I was using to signal a door bell press on the phone had become corrupted, selecting a different ringtone for the app restored the functionality so the fact that the failure followed a change of router was just coincidence. Thanks for trying to help and to anyone else who took the time to read my problem.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Eufy Video Doorbell 1080p (Battery-Powered) not ringing phone after Sky sent a new router to cha

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Andy+Wilson+49 when you changed the hub did you redo the set up with the app? The doorbell needs to find the new wifi network. If the Eufy unit wont connect intially go into the My Sky app find the settings for the Sky Max hub click on advanced settings and disable WiFiand turn off the 5GHz band wait until the pg]honecreconnects re-run the Eufy set up process when it has connected then go back into the My Sky app and turn the 5GHz wiFi band back on.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Andy+Wilson+49
Topic Author
This message was authored by Andy+Wilson+49 This message was authored by: Andy+Wilson+49 Answer

Thanks for the reply, I did not need to reconnect because I have a mesh set up and the wifi on the router is off with ethernet to the first node of the mesh. I now have a solution, the ringtone I was using to signal a door bell press on the phone had become corrupted, selecting a different ringtone for the app restored the functionality so the fact that the failure followed a change of router was just coincidence. Thanks for trying to help and to anyone else who took the time to read my problem.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion