Discussion topic: Double NAT Setup Guide.

TrebleTA
Topic Author
This message was authored by TrebleTA This message was authored by: TrebleTA

Re: Double NAT Setup Guide.

Well I will disagree. With the mhz but agree with the channels.

Wifi 6, 160mhz enable tranferspeeds of 5400 Mbps 

Sky FTTP, SR203 hub self bridged to Asus AX82U. Sky Q UHD to Samsung QE55S95BAYXXU , Sky Q Mini.
This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

@TrebleTA 

Why, would you disagree that the width is 160Mhz which it is and you'll get higher throughput on channel 100 and above with 160Mhz width because there is less interference from the user and other users, and potentially you can use more power...

Everyone and the dog use channel 36 with 80Mhz width. 😎

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
TrebleTA
Topic Author

Using channels 100+ can interfear with big industries, for me its the water company that use that in my area, they use 20mhz channel 100-120, but for others if they check may be different.

Also some devices have problems connection on 100+ channels.

P.s also with 160mhz device connections can be weaker so dropping to 80 or 40 mhz for a stronger siginal to the devices.

Sky FTTP, SR203 hub self bridged to Asus AX82U. Sky Q UHD to Samsung QE55S95BAYXXU , Sky Q Mini.
This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

@TrebleTA 

It is true, that some devices have issues with conforming to the standard of DFS channels. Do the water company in your area use radar or something different? The same applies to the DFS channel 50 at 160Mhz... 😎

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
TrebleTA
Topic Author

Not sure what they use, I have a water storage tank at the back of me, so there not often there unless the alarm gos off. Plus I have lots of neighbour's so its always worth checking.

TrebleTA
Topic Author

Just wanted to say for wifi I use Channel 9, 20/40mhz for 2.4ghz,  was best pick for me. Then channel 52 20/40/80/160mhz for 5ghz, my Sky box's use channel 36 80mhz 5ghz, skys default.

This message was authored by GammaP This message was authored by: GammaP

@TrebleTA,

Thank you for a fantastic solution. I can buy a router without vdsl support.I have a BT Home Hub 5A running OpenWrt.

My setup worked well, but the sr203 sky hub did not receive an ip address after rebooting. So I changed the ip addresses from 100.64.20.# to 10.0.0.#. And that worked.

About the double natting, I am not worried as I do not do gaming. I still need ddns, but OpenWrt is so flexible that I found a solution within minutes.

Thank you once again! 🙂

-Gamma

This message was authored by boabb This message was authored by: boabb

thanks so much for this!

tried for an hour late last night, then again this morning - couldn't get upnp working at all. just about to give up, reenabled dhcp server on sky hub, hit apply and now it works fine - no idea why, but I'm not making any more changes in case it breaks.

cheers again

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion