Discussion topic: Does Open Reach let you know when they will be arriving to install broadband?

This message was authored by Jenna19G This message was authored by: Jenna19G

Does Open Reach let you know when they will be arriving to install broadband?

My broadband is due to be installed on Friday. Open Reach as to come to install things in the house. We have been told our time slot is 1pm-6pm.  I cannot stay in all this time as I will be working and can not work from home unless I have internet.  Does anyone know if they contact you when they are on their way? Or who to contact to get this to happen? 

Thanks 

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Does Open Reach let you know when they will be arriving to install broadband?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jenna19G 

The timeslot you booked is 1pm-6pm therefore you need to have someone available in the property during this time. Openreach do often text you with an estimated time on the day however this is not guranteed and if someone isnt in when the engineer turns up you may be liable to pay the missed appointment fee. 

I suggest you use a mobile hotspot for the day to work from home so you can be there. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion