Discussion topic: Devices won’t connect to wifi

This message was authored by Scottyboyy This message was authored by: Scottyboyy

Re: Devices won’t connect to wifi

Mine seemed to have sorted its self out after a while, didn't do anything apart from unplug and resets tbh

This message was authored by Eiger13026 This message was authored by: Eiger13026

Thus is driving me insane and is affecting my work. 

SKY TV is working fine including apps like Netflix.

My Ipad connects fine if I stand it next to the hub.

Desktop PC both upstairs and downstairs won't connect

Work Laptop won't connect.

Try logging on to IPad one room away some floor snd it wants password. I copy password from back of hub and yet it says its incorrect.

I've reset hub. I've ve switched devices on a d off and still nothing.. 

If you cant fix it SKY I want a full refund.

Everything worked fine for 8 months, nothing has  changed so the problem is clearly SKYs.

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Eiger13026  I have removed your duplicate post from another thread, it isn't needed.

Sky won't respond to s forum post, nor will they give a full refund for wifi related issues.

If it was previously working then it is most likely wifi interference which no ISP can mitigate against.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Eiger13026 This message was authored by: Eiger13026

I'd rather you'd left my other post up on the off chance someone saw that and had a solution

And not providing a service for payment is I think you will find a very good reason to refund!

This message was authored by Clayton1314 This message was authored by: Clayton1314

Does anyone have a fix for this issue yet? Driving me insane I'm due to leave sky altogether 

This message was authored by GlennC51 This message was authored by: GlennC51

Today is the first time in about 2 years that this has happened to us. Sky Q and apps all connected and working, iPhones and iPads refusing to connect with the WiFi. Is it just Apple products this happens to?

This message was authored by Clayton1314 This message was authored by: Clayton1314

No I had it happen to android devices too. Got it fixed by restarting all the devices and the router a few times and it's just kinda fixed itself 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@GlennC51  I have news for you I use a lot of Apple devices and travel quite frequently and have issues connecting them to many different networks as this isn't just a Sky issue.

When I get a device which refuses to connect despite having the right wifi password  my procedure is to tell the device to forget the connection and I restart the device - on my iPhone 12 you do thst by pressing and holding the power button until the screen changes. Once restarted I add the connection from scratch.

Once O have one ios device connected I then use Apple's system to send the log in details to  my and my wife's other Apple devices..

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

@Chrisee I don't see where any of that has to do with what I said. My comment was in reply to the comment before, I fixed my WiFi issues pretty easily compared to your instructions. Thanks for the advice anyway it may come in useful to someone else 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Clayton1314 apologies tagged the wrong name now corrected.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by James123455555 This message was authored by: James123455555

This is happening to me. 

First my HomePod was losing connection intermittently which meant listening to the radio was painful. Now other devices like my TV have stopped connecting but show connected. 

I've had nothing but unreliability and issues with my sky broadband over the past year, and they're putting the prices of my contract up! 

This message was authored by Jonotaff This message was authored by: Jonotaff

Same. Started happening on Saturday. Everything now connects except both of my laptops. The laptops will connect to the internet via my iPhone hotspot but not directly. 

Have tried multiple resets, the manual DNS solution, made sure my WiFi adapter driver was up to date and run a DNS flush without success. I'm pretty IT savvy but this has me stumped. 

Will connect one to the router, via eathernet cable, tomorrow and see what's happening in the configs / logs. 

This message was authored by Faith67 This message was authored by: Faith67

I'm having the exact same issue as this. Sky, Amazon, Netflix, Xbox all won't connect. My phone will.

This message was authored by Jonotaff This message was authored by: Jonotaff

Hi, the only solution that worked was to have a new router delivered. Hope that helps? 

This message was authored by VikC This message was authored by: VikC

@Jonotaff. How easy was it to get a new router? did you have to provide evidence of the issue etc? any info to streamline the process is much appreciated.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion