Discussion topic: Devices won’t connect to wifi

This message was authored by FarahK3 This message was authored by: FarahK3

Devices won’t connect to wifi

The past couple of days my wifi has stopped connecting to the internet. It still commects to my tv, laptop and my partners mobile phone but the PS4 and NowTv stick won't connect. Both show good wifi signal when trying to select the network but when i put my correct password in and try to connect it says there is no wireless connection available. 
troubleshooted this on Sky and my wifi ia normal speed and it says connections are fine. 
Any help would be appreciated 

All Replies

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Re: Devices won’t connect to wifi

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @FarahK3  Can you try resetting the router by pressing the reset button on the back of the router for 10 seconds. 

Once the lights return to normal, please try reconnecting the devices you are having issues with. 

Let us know if you need more support. 😀

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Flossie+23 This message was authored by: Flossie+23

Hi,

I have two work laptops that will not connect to the internet. They connect to WiFi but no connection to the web.
Work have triple checked the devices which work on the work WiFi network and in other people's homes. All of my other devices connect fine. 
Any help or pointers in simple IT terminology greatly appreciated. 

This message was authored by Flossie+23 This message was authored by: Flossie+23

Yes I have tried this countless times, it doesn't resolve the issue. 

This message was authored by Jen+joanne This message was authored by: Jen+joanne

My mobile phone has suddenly stopped connecting to my wifi. About a week ago I upgraded to the firbe optic WiFi . It was fine and now suddenly today it won't connect and when I enter the wifi password it says it's incorrect. All my other devices are fine. I have tired selecting forget this network but it hasn't fixed it 

This message was authored by BeccyP This message was authored by: BeccyP

I am just wondering if this got fixed and how.? I have just upgraded to super fast broadband and my work laptop won't access the web, my printer won't connect to the WiFi but other devices are.

This message was authored by tommyp232 This message was authored by: tommyp232

I am having the same issue, every other device in my household seems to work apart from my work laptop unless i plug it in via ethernet cable which is very awkward.

I have even split the 2.4 and 5Ghz to seperate SSIDs as some devices struggle when they are combined especially if they only have a 2.4Ghz receiver but that hasn't made a difference.

Seems to be something on skys end as the diagnosis indicates its a DNS issue

This message was authored by tommyp232 This message was authored by: tommyp232

Manually selected my IP and DNS which seems to have resolved the issue

This message was authored by sarah1111 This message was authored by: sarah1111

Hi I have the same issue just upgraded to Super fast broadband got a new router and my work laptop which uses VPN says connected but it isn't.  Everything else working - please help before I get fired!!!

This message was authored by LesterCitah This message was authored by: LesterCitah

Did you all get this sorted as my Q2 Internet Radio has suddenly stopped working. It works with a friends mobile phone connection but not on my SKY. Doesn't recognise so I'm thinking SKY have changed something. Had it checked by a professional so all the simple answers have been covered

This message was authored by Pilgrim+Mike This message was authored by: Pilgrim+Mike

I'm having the same problem. Sky Broadband installed 2 weeks ago. Everything worked without a problem for the first week or so. Some devices are connecting and working fine but others are showing that they are connected to the router but not able to connect to the internet.

I've tried all of the reset/forget options but it doesn't seem to make a difference

This message was authored by LesterCitah This message was authored by: LesterCitah

It really is a mystery and confounded a very nice man from SKY so we had to agree it is an unsolved problem. My Mate is a genius with computers and he also tried everything. He could get them to work on his phone with my WiFi but not on my laptop or home PC. Nothing is blocking connection so unless aliens are involved I have nothing!! Please let me know if you solve it. Thanks 

This message was authored by spike1461 This message was authored by: spike1461

My TV has suddenly stopped connecting to Router, all other devices are fine, done all checks switch off on etc nothing works  cant even talk to my TV via the remote, please help before it learns to fly through the window...

This message was authored by Scottyboyy This message was authored by: Scottyboyy

Also similar issue on my end. Super fast fibre spot on for a month or so then suddenly wifi devies connected to router but no Internet connection, I have 3 devices connected via ethernet and its no problem for the Internet that way. 

If any1 has found a fix that would be great.

This message was authored by jenni531 This message was authored by: jenni531

Did anyone get any solutions to devices not connecting. We swapped to super fast a few months ago and it's awful. Very unpredictable and can't seem to connect both Tv's to internet at the same time. Says connected but then won't load apps, Netflix etc. Also have lots of problems with work laptop too. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion