Discussion topic: Delay installing

This message was authored by Hutts72 This message was authored by: Hutts72

Delay installing

Ive had a message saying there is a delay for installing Sky because connecting Broadband and Talk re phone exchange / Openreach etc,. ..  this could leave me without Broadband at all when previous provider disconnects.

No idea of time frames .. i' left previous ISP as their service was crap... this isn't a good start for my new provider SKy?? 

Please advise?

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Delay installing

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Hutts72 wrote:

this could leave me without Broadband at all when previous provider disconnects.

If you are transferring from another ISP that also uses the Openreach network, this shouldn't be the case.  If you have a Virgin subscription that's ending, then yes, unfortunately it's quite possible.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Delay installing

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Hutts72 wrote:

i' left previous ISP as their service was crap

Note however that unfortunately if you've actually cancelled with a previous ISP rather than asking Sky to do a takeover, then the provisions of an Ofcom-mandated seamless switch don't apply.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion