Discussion topic: Controls on my router

This message was authored by Hedge This message was authored by: Hedge

Controls on my router

I ordered sky fibre and at point of sale and contract was told I was able to control individual devices which I need due to having a vulnerable disabled daughter. I have been supplied A black router and checked with the engineer how I control devices and turn off certain devices at certain times. He stated after 24 hrs I could do this via the my sky app. I cannot fine how to turn off acces just shield age limits please advise as I would never have moved to sky if I'm unable to control this as I would have with Virgin

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Controls on my router

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Hedge 

If you have Sky Max then you should have controls via the My Sky app. Some people are finding that the app isnt updating very quickly after having Sky max activated so you may need to call again and ask Sky what the delay is.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
Hedge
Topic Author
This message was authored by Hedge This message was authored by: Hedge

Thank you I have fibre speed of 150mps is this max?  sorry I don't know.  all I know is they said I'd have it at point of sale and wouldn't have taken it if I didn't have access. 

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

So your Sky Broadband product will be Superfast or Ultrafast. If you have 150mbps then it'll be Ultrafast.

Then Sky Max is an addon which gives you a higher grade router with parental controls and extra features. You'll know if you have Sky Max as it will be on your bill.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
This message was authored by simon194 This message was authored by: simon194

@jamesn123 wrote:

So your Sky Broadband product will be Superfast or Ultrafast. If you have 150mbps then it'll be Ultrafast.

Then Sky Max is an addon which gives you a higher grade router with parental controls and extra features. You'll know if you have Sky Max as it will be on your bill.

@Hedge mentioned they were supplied with a black router so it won't be Sky Max.

@Hedge 

In which case no you wont be able to control devices then. You'll need to get back in contact with Sky and take out the Sky Max addon to be able to do this

I am NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion