Discussion topic: Contract owner not living at the address

This message was authored by CarmenA1 This message was authored by: CarmenA1

Contract owner not living at the address

What can we do if the broadband contract owner does not live at the address anymore and not paying for the wifi? How can we change the contract or replacing the router? Any help is really appreciated as I can't even check what the problem is with the wifi as they are asking for his details.

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Contract owner not living at the address

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@CarmenA1 

If the account holder is not paying the bill Sky will restrict the broadband service and chase them for the debt. You can't change the account holder, if fact Sky won't talk to you. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
CarmenA1
Topic Author
This message was authored by CarmenA1 This message was authored by: CarmenA1

Hi, thank you for the answer. Can we not create a new contract and take the old router out? I mean does this mean that we cannot have wifi in the house until hw cancels? I am just wondering if sky would just replace the router rather than asking us to wait around until the contract owner pays or not..

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@CarmenA1 

The account holder has to cancel and return the equipment. Then someone else can take out a subscription with new equipment.m

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@CarmenA1 

'Replacing the router' doesn't change anything: it's not individually linked with either the account or the circuit.

Unfortunately it's typically not possible to order broadband from the same or a different ISP while there's a live service on the line: this is to prevent malicious takeover.  You may need to convince a supplier to have a new circuit (copper or optical) installed at the address.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@CarmenA1 

The existing line would be described as a ceased line.  I.E existing contract owner hasn't cancelled preventing anyone else from getting a broadband connection

You could call sky and ask for a new line to be installed bypassing the existing line.  You would need to ask if there are any costs involved

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion