Discussion topic: Constant Orange Light Internet Sky Broadband

This message was authored by MonsieurLudwig This message was authored by: MonsieurLudwig

Constant Orange Light Internet Sky Broadband

I have been a customer for over a year and a half now regarding internet (using Sky Broadband).

I've had several internet crashes since then, fixable either by waiting (mostly) couples of minutes or by using the connection diagnosis.

Today it has been unfortunately decided that neither of these solutions were going to be useful as my Broadband shows an orange light (constantly glowing) despite waiting more than 3 hours, unplugging the device several times (either ethernet cable, phone socket, main electrical plug, etc.) or checking the service status showing me that everything was fine in my area. Despite of course my Broadband endlessly asking me to restart it over and over again.

I am more than happy to answer any of your questions, any help will be welcomed.

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Constant Orange Light Internet Sky Broadband

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MonsieurLudwigDid the broadband test give you any indication of anything wrong when you ran it or was it giving you three green ticks?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@MonsieurLudwig 

Could you run tests on your my sky app using mobile data any external faults should prompt you to book an engineer

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
MonsieurLudwig
Topic Author
This message was authored by MonsieurLudwig This message was authored by: MonsieurLudwig

Can you give me a link to use the test please ? All I can do with my computer (without internet connection) is using the diagnosis that asks you to unplug/plug all of the cable

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@MonsieurLudwig Can you please run the broadband test, this can be done either via the Sky app on mobile data or use the link below.
https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-broadband-diagnostic/sky-broadband-diagnostic

If it finds an external fault it should enable you to book an engineer.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion