Discussion topic: Connection Drops

This message was authored by Casimir This message was authored by: Casimir

Connection Drops

Hi. I use Sky broadband to broadcast an internet radio station. I've noticed that in the last few months I get millisecond drops in service, it sounds as though the music "jumps" like a scatched CD. I've tested everything up to the broadband service and all other aspects of the broadcast works. I've checked with Sky to see what my Speed is. The report shows bang ob 18Mb but an alternative test reports a max of 14Mb. Looks like someone is telling porkies?? 

Does anyone recognise the "drop" of service I'm getting? 

Thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Connection Drops

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Casimir 

Can your post your hub stats

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/m-p/2855717#M1014...

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
Casimir
Topic Author
This message was authored by Casimir This message was authored by: Casimir

Hi @cookiemonsteruk 

Thanks for the reply. It's driving me crazy. I've changed to my old router to see if it makes any difference. I checked my upload speed and we;re as low as 1mb which doesn't help.

Here are the statssky.JPG

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Casimir 

You have a download of 18Mbps on a very old hub with 2.4ghz wifi only and a max speed of 24Mbps  and a max upload of 1.5 Mbps . This in more prone to interference from neighbouring ssid's. I am not sure what upload is needed for audio streaming 

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion