Discussion topic: Connecting Sky Q booster to 3rd party network

This message was authored by MrG2 This message was authored by: MrG2

Connecting Sky Q booster to 3rd party network

Hi guys I am having some issues with my signal range in my house after changing providers. I have turned off the main Sky router and followed a really useful post on here which walked me through connecting my Sky Q and Sky Q mini which are both working fine so TV's are all good. 

I have also connected my Sky Q booster to the Sky Q box and got 3 green lights however it doesn't seem to be sending data as the signal hasn't improved throughout the house. 🤔

Does anyone know if there is a way to test this theory or a way to resolve my issue?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee Answer

Re: Connecting Sky Q booster to 3rd party network

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MrG2 the Sky booster will only improve connectivity between the Q boxes it cannot be used by other devices. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee Answer

@MrG2 the Sky booster will only improve connectivity between the Q boxes it cannot be used by other devices. 

65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
MrG2
Topic Author

Thank you for your quick response. I did think that was the case but thought I would give it a go just incase and when I saw the 3 lights I thought I was onto a winner. 

oh well guess I will just need to get some new boosters.

thanks a lot 👍🏼

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@MrG2 be careful as with both Sky Q boxes, a third party router and boosters the chances you will hit interference issues increases to near certainty. If at all possible buy units that can create a wifi mesh with your new router.

MrG2
Topic Author

Gosh that sound detrimental and complicated! Thanks for the heads up. I will do my research before I purchase anything. 

Cheers

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion