Discussion topic: Changing new sky Q router to 2.4ghz where no sync button is available to untick

This message was authored by Steve+De+Pace This message was authored by: Steve+De+Pace

Changing new sky Q router to 2.4ghz where no sync button is available to untick

Hi everyone, I have just changed routers to the "new" white booster router and need to split the 2.4ghz and 5ghz to enable a cctv camera. I have been reading the forum and people are saying to intick the sync button but I can't see one. Can someone please advise🙏

Best Answers
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: Changing new sky Q router to 2.4ghz where no sync button is available to untick

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Steve+De+Pace 

Q Hubs (2016) are black, as is the Sky Broadband Hub (2019). Their matching wireless boosters are white.

White Sky router hardware is almost certainly the new Max Hub (2023) and unsynchronizing bands isn't possible on that model, so any instructions for previous versions don't apply.

The only other white Hub pre-dates the Sky Hub (2013) and is long since obsolete.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: Changing new sky Q router to 2.4ghz where no sync button is available to untick

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Steve+De+Pace 

Q Hubs (2016) are black, as is the Sky Broadband Hub (2019). Their matching wireless boosters are white.

White Sky router hardware is almost certainly the new Max Hub (2023) and unsynchronizing bands isn't possible on that model, so any instructions for previous versions don't apply.

The only other white Hub pre-dates the Sky Hub (2013) and is long since obsolete.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Steve+De+Pace
Topic Author
This message was authored by Steve+De+Pace This message was authored by: Steve+De+Pace

Many thanks for your reply. You are right, it is the Sky Max router I have and I tried disabling the 5ghz to try and connect the cctv but still wouldn't work so I am going to buy another cctv which will work with the 5ghz

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion