Discussion topic: Catchup buffering with new sky fibre broadband

This message was authored by alicia31 This message was authored by: alicia31

Catchup buffering with new sky fibre broadband

Replaced sky broadband with sky fibre broadband and my reception is now worse and things like BBC iplayer constantly buffers. This never happened before with ordinary broadband. Also can't get Netflix in one of the bedrooms.

All Replies

alicia31
Topic Author
This message was authored by alicia31 This message was authored by: alicia31

Re: Catchup buffering with new sky fibre broadband

Does anyone have an idea what I can do about this? According to sky broadband test everything is fine lol. What a load of rubbish. I done a test when TV was buffering and the test said everything is fine even the TV in bedroom that gets next to no signal. How do I cancel as cant find any info from openreach or contact numbers? No point complaining to sky
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Catchup buffering with new sky fibre broadband

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@alicia31 you haveca month's cooling off period when you can cancel without any penalties. However it sounds like your issue is poor WiFi in your home which is not something Sky can control as it depends on the layout and type of construction in uour home. Many users find a single free hub the ISP provides is notvsuufficent to get decent wifi in every room forcstreaming video. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion