Discussion topic: Cannot connect to 127.0.0.1:5500

This message was authored by ttoommxx This message was authored by: ttoommxx

Cannot connect to 127.0.0.1:5500

I am working on a website and I use Live Preview which opens port 5500 and successfully connect my browser to the address 127.0.0.1:5500 and visualize the website.

However, I cannot connect my phone on the same network to it, with Chrome mobile saying "127.0.0.1 refused to connect". Now before I was on Vodafone and it always worked correctly, so I am sure it's a setting in the router that is blocking this. What can I disable to let my devices connect to this port?

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Cannot connect to 127.0.0.1:5500

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ttoommxx 127.0.0.1 is a special loopback address to enable your device to see its own output it does not go vis the router. This link explains more see https://www.lifewire.com/network-computer-special-ip-address-818385

Unless your phone is  running the web server it wont work. You could use the internal IP address of the device running the server which will be in the range 192.168.0.2 to 192.168.0.254.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
ttoommxx
Topic Author
This message was authored by ttoommxx This message was authored by: ttoommxx

But why not? It's was working perfectly fine before with the Vodafone router, how come? Just want to understand what is going on 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@ttoommxx that I cant explain but the fact remains the loopback address only works on the device running the server.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@ttoommxx 

As @Chrisee indicates, that's the reserved localhost IP address and isn't intended to be reachable from any other device.

Putting that into the Chrome mobile instance is telling the phone to look at itself (and it's not answering ; )

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion