Discussion topic: Cancelling broadband due to vacating rental

This message was authored by CJB2 This message was authored by: CJB2

Cancelling broadband due to vacating rental

Hi everyone. 

I am vacating my property at the end of April, Sat 27th.

When do I cancel my subscription & direct debit/payment?

Thanks

CJB

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Cancelling broadband due to vacating rental

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If you are not in a contract the you need to give Sky 14 days notice so do not cancel your direct debit as it might be that after you leave there is a credit on your account that would need to be refunded back to which can't happen if the direct debit has been cancelled. They would then usually send it by cheque which might be tricky as you will have now moved so Sky would not know your new address.

You would also need to return your broadband hub once it has been cancelled so Sky usually sends packaging out near the end of the cancellation notice period of 14 days for Broadband/Talk so if you haven't received it then you can use whatever boxes you have or can get as this link will help you to print the return label and return it via Royal Mail:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/return-tv-broadband

Add a note inside with your account number and a list of equipment you have included.
Make sure you get and keep proof of posting when sending this off.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: Cancelling broadband due to vacating rental

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@CJB2  You need to give 14 days notice, but don't cancel your payment method as that could cause you more problems than answers 

any bills generated in the notice period need paying has normal with any corresponding credit for days beyond your termination applied to what would have been your next 

the dd is also required to refund the credit 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion