Discussion topic: Can't connect to 5GHz

This message was authored by Tash8 This message was authored by: Tash8

Can't connect to 5GHz

I recently joined sky and my PC won't connect to the 5GHz wifi, only the 2..4 GHz.  As far as i can tell the wifi adapter i have on my PC doesn't work on band 4 channels 149-165 (it says it's an EU thing) and upon checking the router settings 5GHz is on channel 149. For whatever reason you cannot manually change the channel on the sky hub. I reset the hub and it did go to a lower channel so i was briefly able to connect my PC to the 5GHz wifi, but then the channel reverted back to 149 so i lost it again. How am i meant to connect and why can't i change settings on the router to what i want?

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Can't connect to 5GHz

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Tash8 wrote:

How am i meant to connect and why can't i change settings on the router to what i want?

Are you using the white Max Hub?

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Tash8
Topic Author
This message was authored by Tash8 This message was authored by: Tash8

Yes that's the one

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Tash8 

The Max Hub permits very little in the way of user intervention, presumably in order to maximise performance (and because some aspects of WiFi such as frequency selection are subject to regulation)

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion