Discussion topic: Broadband slow in the evening

This message was authored by Stephen106 This message was authored by: Stephen106

Broadband slow in the evening

Moved over the Sky about four weeks ago and the broadband has been terrible from day one! Throughout the day I can get approx 60mbs , I can live with that, but every evening I get a speed of between 8mbps to a max of 20mbps . Tried phoning sky about 5 times now, and getting nowhere , if I phone throughout the day they test it and say it's all ok even though I explain it the evening is the issue . Tried in the evening and they spotted it was slow and they said they would get a openreach engineer out....still waiting for an appointment. Tried again and they said it could be the website blocker , so they turned it off ., and promised to phone back in two days to see if it worked.....no reply!! Had enough of this. My question are. 1) is it normal for the speed to drop drastically in the evening ? 2) If my speed is this bad can I leave? Thanks in advance for the replys.

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Broadband slow in the evening

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Stephen106Are the devices connected to your broadband all affected or is it just on Wi-Fi?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Stephen106
Topic Author
This message was authored by Stephen106 This message was authored by: Stephen106

Re: Broadband slow in the evening

All devices affected WiFi & Ethernet 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion