Discussion topic: Broadband shield settings not working - OSM "Your Sky Broadband isn't active just yet"

This message was authored by dappleyard This message was authored by: dappleyard

Re: Broadband shield settings not working - OSM "Your Sky Broadband isn't active just yet"

I have the same issue - Please can you provide an update

This message was authored by Shack1 This message was authored by: Shack1

Re: Broadband shield settings not working - OSM "Your Sky Broadband isn't active just yet"

I have had this problem for over a week now.

Ive posted on numerous places and i have also spoke to sky twice to fix this and they said they would look into it and nothing has changed, since then it has become a big problem for everybody.

Please please could somebody escalate this for me as it seems this seems to get fixed quicker that way.

This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22 Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all, 

Thanks alot for contributing to this thread. I want to confirm we're investigating an issue with BB Shield presenting the "Your Sky Broadband isn't active just yet" message when trying to amend settings, even with an active BB subscription. 

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience but I'll update this thread as soon as we know more.

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

Mine seems to be since i upgraded to fibre, in my account it still says my order is active even though i have been using it for  over a month, i told sky about this and they said they couldnt see my order.

Im thinking once my order has been updated it will work for me but getting somebody to do this seems really hard.

This is why i wanted somebody to escalate this and somebody could look at my account.

Oddly enough it has just started working on my app, on the web on my phone but not on the web on the computer, maybe i have to clear the computer cache?

This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Posted by a Sky employee

Evening @Shack1, thanks for confirming. We rolled back a change to one of our backend systems, I'm hoping anyone else on this thread could attempt to try changing their settings again and let me know how you get on?

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

@Chloe-W22 do i need to clear my browser history and cache on my mac to get it work on there?

This message was authored by dappleyard This message was authored by: dappleyard

Hi I confirm that this now works on both mobile and web

This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Posted by a Sky employee

Hey @Shack1 yep, how did you get on? Clear cache and cookies, and even a different web browser if you can 😊

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

@Chloe-W22 the app is working fine but the website is strange.

If you log into your account then at the top menu you click broadband, its shows up there and works

If you scroll down after logging in on the homepage and go to product settings, then braodband it is greyed out see screengrabs.

Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 15.24.36.pngScreenshot 2024-04-12 at 15.24.48.png

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Shack1 

Your image was rejected as it displayed your account number and landline number on a public forum. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

I jjst relised that and was trying to edit it, thanks

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Shack1 

Block out all personal information and resubmit and it'll pass moderation. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

@Chloe-W22 the app is working fine but the website is strange.

If you log into your account then at the top menu you click broadband, its shows up there and works

If you scroll down after logging in on the homepage and go to product settings, then braodband it is greyed out see screengrabs.

Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 15.24.36.pngScreenshot 2024-04-12 at 15.24.48.png

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion