Discussion topic: Broadband shield settings not working - OSM "Your Sky Broadband isn't active just yet"

This message was authored by Melanie25 This message was authored by: Melanie25

Broadband shield settings not working - OSM "Your Sky Broadband isn't active just yet"

My broadband is working fine, i have been a customer for years and yet all of a sudden i cant change my broadband sheild settings. See attached photo. Any ideas? MIMG_6251.png

Moderator note: Changed title to reflect topic more.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22 Answer

Re: Broadband shield settings not working - OSM "Your Sky Broadband isn't active just yet"

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all, 

Thanks alot for contributing to this thread. I want to confirm we're investigating an issue with BB Shield presenting the "Your Sky Broadband isn't active just yet" message when trying to amend settings, even with an active BB subscription. 

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience but I'll update this thread as soon as we know more.

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Montalban This message was authored by: Montalban

Broadband shield

I have been a Sky Customer for 8 years or so - my broadband shield has stopped working. I am getting a message saying "my broadband has not been activated".

I phoned Sky in Saturday but they were unable to help and have escalated - but they had no idea of a time frame -any idea how I can get this issue fixed - it is the same using the app or the web page.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Broadband shield settings not working

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Melanie25 

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who should be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to a few hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works so you will need to respond to the chat bubble at the bottom of the page when it appears:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you will need to respond to it as soon as you can or it will be closed if there is no response within 48 hours.
This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Melanie25
Topic Author
This message was authored by Melanie25 This message was authored by: Melanie25

Thank-you @caesarome  🙂

This message was authored by Ian135 This message was authored by: Ian135

Me also, when I click on Broadband Shield in my Mysky app instead of choice of parental controls I see the 'Your broadband isn't active just as yet' message. Meanwhile my broadband is working fine as are all other functions in the mysky App. Look forward to getting this resolved. Thanks

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to @Melanie25.

This message was authored by Kelsingra This message was authored by: Kelsingra

Posted by a Sky employee

Hey all, 

Thanks for using the Sky Community.

We will need some more information about this problem, so I've escalated your posts to our Community Messaging team and they will be in touch over the next 48 hours. Just check back here every now and again.

You're looking for the chat bubble in the bottom corner of the thread.
For more information on how the service works, click here https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Fanni

Community ModeratorTeam Black

This message was authored by Ian135 This message was authored by: Ian135

@Addie15 

New to this community. Will I receive a separate invite?  Ref

Me also, when I click on Broadband Shield in my Mysky app instead of choice of parental controls I see the 'Your broadband isn't active just as yet' message. Meanwhile my broadband is working fine as are all other functions in the mysky App. Look forward to getting this resolved. Thanks

This message was authored by Richard_TOR This message was authored by: Richard_TOR

Same issue for me.

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to @Ian135.

Re: Broadband shield

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, @Montalban. I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

This message was authored by Keglington This message was authored by: Keglington

Message on My Sky says "Your broadband isn't active yet" when it is...

Message on Broadband Sheild says "Your broadband isn't active yet" when it is (as I'm using it and have been for three years!) so I can't adjust Sheild settings. Any ideas on how to fix?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Message on My Sky says "Your broadband isn't active yet" when it is...

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Keglington 

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who should be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to a few hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works so you will need to respond to the chat bubble at the bottom of the page when it appears:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you will need to respond to it as soon as you can or it will be closed if there is no response within 48 hours.
This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Max100 This message was authored by: Max100

I have the same issue.....did you manage to fix it?  I had a new router recently and maybe this has caused it...?

This message was authored by Keglington This message was authored by: Keglington

No fix yet....!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion