Discussion topic: Broadband installation

This message was authored by Matt+T3000 This message was authored by: Matt+T3000

Broadband installation

Sky were due to install broadband at our new property on the 14th of August. We have since been notified that it's delayed and initially said they'd provide a new date on the 5th of August. We just received a message that we now have to wait until the 16th before we get more info (no mention of when the likley installation date is). I'm concerned that this will keep pushing out, and as I work from home, I need internet at my new property. 

I presume the delays are due to Openreach availability as we're getting fibre installed. Is there a possibility to have a temporary non-fibre internet package installed whilst we wait for open reach to be available?

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Broadband installation

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Matt+T3000 wrote:

Is there a possibility to have a temporary non-fibre internet package installed whilst we wait for open reach to be available?

ISPs typically won't do that because it would result in two sets of Openreach fees being charged to them (one for VDSL remote activation, then one for FTTP installation) which their already very slim profit margin on broadband retail won't cover inside a minimum term.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion