Discussion topic: Broadband hub not arrived

This message was authored by Camwen1405 This message was authored by: Camwen1405

Broadband hub not arrived

My engineer app and go live date was meant to be 4th July but had a message 10th June to say that the external works had been done by open reach and that they can bring forward my engineer app to the 27th. 

I phoned sky last week expressing concern about the hub not arriving as of yet and the dispatch info hasn't been updated at all on my account and all I was told is to take that earlier engineer app and it will trigger the dispatch for the hub. A week in and 2 days to go before installation and no updates on the hub dispatch or arrival date ! Absolutely useless! My BB is going to go live this week as I NEED broadband for my home alarm system, and tablet for the nurses when they come in to log medical info on during the night . 

anyone had similar issues? I don't want the engineer turning up and not being able to carry out the install for full fibre ans charge me for basically wasting their time. ! 
if I phone sky I know I'll get fobbed off as usual ! 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee Answer

Re: Broadband hub not arrived

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Camwen1405 I have escalated your post to the Sky team who support the forum who should be in touch soon to offer you a private chat session to get this sorted. Keep an eye on the forum as if you miss the message just click the chat icon which will be added to the forum pages for you to use.saving a long phone call.

They are not accessibility experts but hopefully they can help. Given the medical needs I would consider a back up,even if that is simply using a mobile phone's hotspot function.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Camwen1405 for an install on the 27th the hub would not be due until today or tomorrow and many arrive on the day iteslf. If thechub is not delivered by then Sky's customer services can areange to courier one to you.

The engineer can complete the install without the hub but cannot demonstrate the service to you. There will be no charge.

Given it sounds like you have medical nees have you registered with Sky's Accessibility team as if younhaven't it is worthwhile doing so as tgen Skybwill be aware of the issues. See https://skyaccessibility.sky

65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Camwen1405
Topic Author
This message was authored by Camwen1405 This message was authored by: Camwen1405

I understand what you're saying but on my sky account the new install date hasn't even changed nor has there been any change to even knowing when the hub is due to be dispatched . 

no I haven't logged it as it's my son that has the disabilities and medical needs 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee Answer

@Camwen1405 I have escalated your post to the Sky team who support the forum who should be in touch soon to offer you a private chat session to get this sorted. Keep an eye on the forum as if you miss the message just click the chat icon which will be added to the forum pages for you to use.saving a long phone call.

They are not accessibility experts but hopefully they can help. Given the medical needs I would consider a back up,even if that is simply using a mobile phone's hotspot function.

Camwen1405
Topic Author

Thank you for your help 

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent an invite to @Camwen1405 to chat.

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

We are still looking to help you @Camwen1405 . If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks

This message was authored by Neath1965 This message was authored by: Neath1965

My appointment for installation has also been brought forward by Openreach, from July 17th to the 5th... Nothing has been updated on the My Sky app about delivery of the app or when my broadband goes live, is this usual and I can expect my hub to be delivered before the 5th?

Thanks in advance.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion