Discussion topic: Broadband dropping frequently - old Sky SSID appeared, and my own SSID isnt available to comnect to?

This message was authored by MRB60 This message was authored by: MRB60

Broadband dropping frequently - old Sky SSID appeared, and my own SSID isnt available to comnect to?

Broadband dropping multiple times - messing up zoom/teams calls etc. FTTC broadband service

the router appears  to reset - all

lights go out

the sky app - service check says all is good even though the lights are off

many devices not connecting to hub when up

my own SSID is still visible but devices cant connect - including Sky Q boxes

The original sky SSID has now appeared and can connect to it. 

regular broadband drops.   Have done full 15 min power down to reset IP as per Sky contact centre advice as well as routwr reset.   No improvement.

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Broadband dropping frequently - old Sky SSID appeared, and my own SSID isnt available to comnect

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MRB60 the old SSID has reappeared because your Sky Q box has lost connection to your new hub and should disapear again when the Q boxes are reconnected.

Although you think you have reset it is possible you have not done so correctly as the reset pin needs to be held in until the power led flashes which takes up to 20 seconds. Release before that.and the hub just reboots. A full reset will return the hub to its default settings.

With Q boxes reconnect them one by one using the wps buttons on the box and the wps button on the hub (if you havectgevupright type of hub the wps button is easy to miss its on the right hand side panel) press and hokd ineach button until it starts to flash.

If you post your Sky hub's connection stats forum members maybe able to tell you why your connection is dropping see Find your Sky Broadband router statistics

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion