Discussion topic: Broadband cutting out daily

This message was authored by Paul.kestley87 This message was authored by: Paul.kestley87

Broadband cutting out daily

10 weeks, 7 calls, > 180 minutes wasted, 1 home engineer and not one person can solve issue. 

I recently upgraded to sky ultra broadband, running at c600mbps, plus sky glass and 2 pucks, to help support 22 WiFi devices (electric charger, cameras, laptops, heating, alarm) etc but regardless of fast.com or Netflix speed test stating 100-600mpbs at anyone time devices cut out.

My wife could be watching sky puck (10ft away from router on WiFi) I turn on laptop sat next to her and sky puck freezes, WiFi calls randomly drop, cannot connect to cameras at times, schedule charge for car doesn't kick in over night as WiFi hasn't connected) or presenting on teams at anyone time to 50-500 clients and I loose connection. 

Spent hours on the phone to tech, customer support etc one sky engineer visit last week, he had to mark the job as failed as even with the two sky boosters he provided the issues still happens. 

I have spent this afternoon over 90 minutes to 5 different departments, one being tech who was great but confirmed nothing more their team can do, other than suggest to try new sky max hub, however each department I was passed to could not add this to my account. 

Toppped off with two calls cutting off today and 

NO returned call.. 

I just need the issues resolved. 

Any suggestions, how do I upgrade to sky max hub ? Or any alternative compatable non sky routers ? 

Thanks 

Paul 

All Replies

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

Re: Broadband cutting out daily

@Paul.kestley87 

Recommend you go with the alternative third-party commercial wireless ethernet router, eg: most have found better reliability and speed with Asus XT8, XT9 or ET12 depending on your budget. It isn't 100% guaranteed to solve your issues with third-party routers so buy on sale or return just in case you need to return it.

-------

Zen internet on FTTP (900Mbps down, 100Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion