Discussion topic: Broadband activation

This message was authored by Adamspark1 This message was authored by: Adamspark1

Broadband activation

I was due to have my broadband activated remotely yesterday 20/7/2022, but after phoning sky and them talking to open reach they now have told me I have to wait till the 25/08/2022?! 

I found out today that my cancelled BT broadband isn't cancelled until the 25th so would this affect openreach swapping me over to sky? Hence the 25th activation date? 

I have chased BT to cancel my subscription for when it is supposed to be cancelled for.

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Broadband activation

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Adamspark1 wrote:

I found out today that my cancelled BT broadband isn't cancelled until the 25th so would this affect openreach swapping me over to sky? 

There can only be one ISP using a 'line', so yes, that could well have an effect.  The system is designed for the old provider ceasing service and the new one picking it up on the same day.

Is this a like for like product switch, and did you order it by talking only to Sky?

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Adamspark1
Topic Author
This message was authored by Adamspark1 This message was authored by: Adamspark1

Re: Broadband activation

Yeah I cancelled my Bt with 30 days notice and the bought the sky package but a mistake on BT system meant it isn't due to be cancelled yet. I had notification from BT saying that someone was taking over the line from the 20/07/2022 so thought it would be fine. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion