Discussion topic: Broadband/WIFI Hardware

This message was authored by TRF131 This message was authored by: TRF131

Broadband/WIFI Hardware

Hi I have a working Sky broadband and WIFI set up in my house but I need to connect My NAS via cable to the system. I can do this at the hub and possibly at a Sky Q box but I need the NAS in my new study which is not close to either hardware sources. I am looking to see if I can add a booster in the study and take the feed from that. However I am not sure what hardware would be best as there are SKY Broadband Booster and Sky WIFI Booster boxes available that would appear to offer this facility.

Could someone advise what the differences are and what would be most suitable please.

All Replies

This message was authored by cuke This message was authored by: cuke

Re: Broadband/WIFI Hardware

@TRF131 wrote:

Hi I have a working Sky broadband and WIFI set up in my house but I need to connect My NAS via cable to the system. I can do this at the hub and possibly at a Sky Q box but I need the NAS in my new study which is not close to either hardware sources. I am looking to see if I can add a booster in the study and take the feed from that. However I am not sure what hardware would be best as there are SKY Broadband Booster and Sky WIFI Booster boxes available that would appear to offer this facility.

Could someone advise what the differences are and what would be most suitable please.

@TRF131 Or you could try powerline adaptors https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-networking/powerline/

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Broadband/WIFI Hardware

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@TRF131 

A booster would do that job however some of the newer Sky boosters ship without an ethernet port so it would be pot luck if you got one with or without. 

Other options would be powerline or running a cable all the way from the router

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion