Discussion topic: Broadband Down

This message was authored by Sash This message was authored by: Sash

Broadband Down

Is anyone's broadband down this morning, I've just noticed mine isn't down, and I've tried to reset it and it's still not working, must be the same problem some people was dealing with yesterday. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Broadband Down

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Sash first step is to run the connectio test in the My Sky app over a mobile connection which will check if there is a known fault in your area. The app can offer an engineer's appointment but nirmally you have to report the fault to Sky by phone. Lines open from 7am

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Sash
Topic Author
This message was authored by Sash This message was authored by: Sash

Okay thanks, I've already checked on my Sky App there's an outage, I'm just wondering how long does it actually take to get my internet back up and running. 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Sash that may seem a simple question but in pracrice until the cause of the fault is traced and the right resources to mend it found nobody can answer it some faults take minutes to sort, most a few hours butvsome can take weeks but that is rare.

Plan for the worse and hope for the best 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Outage

@Sash  Is there any information on the status page which can be found in the link below and is this the net affect of the outage  from 2 days ago?

https://www.sky.com/help/servicestatus#/uk/issues 

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by Nikw1 This message was authored by: Nikw1

When is this outage going to be resolved? Been down since 10:30pm on Tuesday 19th. I have been told by staff from SKY that I cannot book an appointment for an engineer to come out to restore my ibolt & fibre cable which was ripped from the house wall from the weather on Tuesday night until the outage in the area has been fixed which is ridiculous.
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@Sash @Nikw1 

Have you tried powering down your router for a few mins since the outage?

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by Nikw1 This message was authored by: Nikw1

@jamesn123 what good would that do? As I don't even have a connecting fibre wire from the main pole to my house as it is currently dangling across 2 neighbours gardens. 

This is a total shambles! There will be alot of money being paid out for this in compensation. 

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@Nikw1 

I am talking generally about the network outage that Sky had on Tuesday. After it was resolved its required to reboot your hub to get it working. 

I did not read your full post about your cable having been damaged, it doesnt help that your jumping on someone elses thread when your problem is completely unreleated to Tuesdays outage. Ideally you need to make your own thread to avoid confusion. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by Tara2 This message was authored by: Tara2

My bradband stopped working at 10.14 am inn greater london.  sky are not answering the phone and twitter DM ignored.  

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Tara2 Can you please run the broadband test, this can be done either via the Sky app on mobile data or use the link below.
https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-broadband-diagnostic/sky-broadband-diagnostic

If it finds an external fault it should enable you to book an engineer.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Nikw1 wrote:

As I don't even have a connecting fibre wire from the main pole to my house as it is currently dangling across 2 neighbours gardens. 

That can probably be reported directly to Openreach here

https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/damage-health-and-safety 

However, given that's presumably storm damage it's a bit of a clue that they might be rather busy just now, and business subscribers paying many times more per month than domestic users will always get priority attention.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Nikw1 wrote:

This is a total shambles! There will be alot of money being paid out for this in compensation. 

Well, yes, storms do tend to be like that....

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion