Discussion topic: Boosting WiFi to outhouse

This message was authored by Jessica01 This message was authored by: Jessica01

Boosting WiFi to outhouse

I am looking to boost WiFi from parent in laws house to mobile home approx 100 metres apart. The WiFi can be connect on my phone up to the fence approx 15 metres from mobile. What would be my best booster to get it that bit further for it to connect to our Smart TV in mobile. I bought an eero but think I possible would need 2 as one I think has to be always connected to the router. I was also looking at the TP Link ones but would a sky one work?
many thanks 

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Boosting WiFi to outhouse

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jessica01 

Realistically that's too far for any 'booster' (which are intended to be mid-point devices anyway). Also note that the external cladding and insulation of a mobile home might well attenuate signal strength.

I suspect you'll need to look at a point to point external installation, sometimes referred to as a wireless bridge.  This is a more directed signal and removes the attenuation of the external walls.

See this article for an example:

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2021/08/point-to-point-wi-fi-bridging-between-buildings-the-cheap-an... 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion