Discussion topic: Black router and Internet is horrendous.

This message was authored by Geraldineie This message was authored by: Geraldineie

Black router and Internet is horrendous.

Speeds are great but the coverage is bad. My sky viewing card is being replaced so relying on using smart tv but the router is sitting beside the tv and it keeps dropping signal so bad I can't even watch tv. My upstairs tvs spin with circles buffering but they come back. My kids are on their ipads so seems if internet is being used it stops working elsewhere. So frustrating

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Black router and Internet is horrendous.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Geraldineie if you have a relatively slow connection if your kids are online there may not be sufficent bandwidth for you to stream TV at the sametime. You can check if your speed is correct for hour line by logging into the My Sky app and running the connection test by clicking on the test. To watch in HD each TV needs roughly 10Mb/s for UHD thst rises to  25Mb/s gaming typically needs 10Mb/s.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion