Discussion topic: Bandwidth issues with ultrafast

This message was authored by Bigsigh This message was authored by: Bigsigh

Bandwidth issues with ultrafast

Going insane. Waited 4 months for connection to fibre. 3 weeks in and for the last 3 days I cannot watch tv or use phone Wi-Fi upstairs.  Every test shows the signal is strong or good but nothing can load on TV or my (non Sky) phone without 4G.  I pay for sky boost.  I've restarted, reset everything a few times, as suggested.  My experience is that ultrafast is no improvement on super fast.  Sky is having another training day, I have work to do.  Can anyone suggest how I get help without waiting on the phone all day, or better, suggest a solution!  Thank you.

All Replies

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

Re: Bandwidth issues with ultrafast

@Bigsigh 

Wireless performance isn't guaranteed only the speed to the Sky Hub. If you need better wireless then adding a wireless booster may help but you'll need to be subscribed to the boost service to obtain a wireless booster and this costs an additional a month, eg: usually around the £5 a month figure.

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
Bigsigh
Topic Author
This message was authored by Bigsigh This message was authored by: Bigsigh

Thank you for your reply.  It would be less frustrating had it not been working fine until 3 days ago.  I already pay for boost. 

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

@Bigsigh 

Unfortunately, somebody close by in the neighbourhood will likely have added a wireless router or wireless access point that is now interfering with the wireless signal in your house, and to solve that one will need to add a or an additional booster to improve the situation for your premises; even that may not work to your satisfaction because wifi is unpredictable because of neighbourhood interference because its a shared over the airways medium through the air.

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Are you able to run a connection test using the mysky app in the affected rooms?

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion