Discussion topic: Apple TV library items won’t load via Fire stick

This message was authored by SkyBB2023 This message was authored by: SkyBB2023

Apple TV library items won’t load via Fire stick

Having trouble using Apple TV via Amazon fire stick. Everything works except for Apple library items that I've purchased.

I have successfully downloaded the Apple TV app through the fire stick set up. I’ve logged in fine.

I have an apple subscription. The Apple TV shows will play. No problem there.

I have previously purchased several movies through apple. These are displaying in my tv library and I can watch them on my iPad fine.

they also display in the firestick, Apple TV library but none of them load when I try to watch them.

the error message says… 'video unavailable. There is a problem loading this video. If this continues, please check your internet connection'..

hence now asking the question here.  Is there a sky/apple compatibility issue?

my connection is fine for everything else...

any suggestions gratefully received... 

All Replies

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

Re: Apple TV library items won’t load via Fire stick

@SkyBB2023 

Most Apple films are in UHD Dolby Vision when viewed on a TV that supports that format and with this, you'll need a broadband connection and wifi system that support speeds in excess of 35Mbps.

Can you confirm the broadband connection supports these speeds by looking at the router stats or posting a set to the forum, a post is at the top of the forum that explains how to post the router stats to the forum.

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion