Discussion topic: Apple HomePod Won’t Connect to WiFi

This message was authored by bpr46 This message was authored by: bpr46

Re: Apple HomePod Won’t Connect to WiFi

@MarkG8103 thanks for this. So annoying. Which extender would you recommend? There are so many on Amazon

This message was authored by MarkG8103 This message was authored by: MarkG8103

This worked for me:

https://amzn.eu/d/3rj4udT

TP-Link N300

This message was authored by Stevie-C This message was authored by: Stevie-C

^^^ that's the same one I have and it works for me too

Thanks @MarkG8103 🙂

@MarkG8103 thank you - you are an absolute star! Ordered router last night, arrive this morning and set up straight forward. This problem has been doing my head in and if it wasn't for this thread, I'd have sent the replacement homepod mini back to Apple. Thing is, their stuff always works so there was something telling me their kit wasn't the issue. Have bought Apple for years so most of my devices are Apple. I'm going to let them know this issue is not theirs.

This message was authored by AnotherStephen This message was authored by: AnotherStephen

I'm having the same problem with my homepod on sky router.

Nice timng for Sky to send out price increase emails. Higher price and worse service. Great!

This message was authored by garytryh This message was authored by: garytryh

We got Sky to send us out a new router, and so far this works these last few weeks. I have an extender we purchased from Sky last year due to poor reception in other parts of our house, will this due same job as the ones you guys have purchased from Amazon if I need to relocate it to where our HomePod minis are located? Still amazing that this issue hasn't been resolved and we have to purchase other equipment for them to work again? Baffled by this.

Gaz

Definitely worth trying before spending any more £'s

@garytryh I have two wifi extenders from Sky, have had them for a few years. Didn't work. The extender I purchased from Amazon worked and was instant. Hope this helps.

This message was authored by Tony+Tilt This message was authored by: Tony+Tilt

Three Homepod Minis in my house stopped working a few weeks ago and I've spent hours trying to get them to work again, then I found this thread.

It's appalling that a router firmware fix hasn't been pushed through for something so crippling. 

Any news from Sky on when this will be fixed?

This message was authored by Drastic9856 This message was authored by: Drastic9856

If we've been waiting 4 months since the issue has initially been reported, surely it would be sensible to roll back the affected users to the previous firmware until it is patched? 

Four months and waiting for a patch to fix something that shouldn't have been broken to begin with is pretty ridiculous. 

This message was authored by SergeW This message was authored by: SergeW

I have the same issue and just talked to a technician from Sky. That did not solve anything. All the technician said was that the router looks fine on their end. I explained that there was this whole thread about the issue and the firmware solution but it was just ignored. Incredibly unhelpful. Probably best to leave Sky and find another provider.

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Everyone

Can I again thank you all again for your feedback regarding this problem, which impacts some versions of Apple HomePods. I'd also like to apologise for the delay in being able to provide a fix. Our team has worked diligently to understand and resolve this.

We will be rolling out a software update to everyone's hubs over the coming days and weeks. We have a lot of routers to work through, and therefore it's not a roll-out that we can do overnight. Your router will receive this update automatically, so we recommend keeping it on overnight to pick this up.

So that you know, I'm marking this post as the answered one, so that everyone can get the most up-to-date information.

EDIT: Here are the new versions of firmware. 

Device Version
Hub 4 7.03.0509.R
Hub 3.5 4.13.0509.R
Hub 3 4.03.0509.R
Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

Excellent news, Kev. 

Many thanks 

This message was authored by Stevie-C This message was authored by: Stevie-C

thanks for the update 

I've just unplugged my WiFi extender and reset both home pods...... they've both connected to my home sky WiFi and although they're doing an Apple update atm they're both working ok 

long may it last .

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion