Discussion topic: Access blocked to work websites & Global Protect VPN since last week? issues are with SKY broadband

Gower23
Topic Author
This message was authored by Gower23 This message was authored by: Gower23

Re: Access blocked to work websites & Global Protect VPN since last week? issues are with SKY br

@GD1 sadly still the same. No access. Looks like I will have to join the call queue with Sky :[

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Access blocked to work websites & Global Protect VPN since last week? issues are with SKY b

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Gower23 are you certain the address you are trying to access is working? The error message is saying the server is not responding.. 

One thing you might want to try is to add a public DNS server to the network. Settings on your device. Go intomthe network settings find the DNS section which if it is set to automatic change it to manual and add the following two lines which are the addresses of Google's public DNS servers 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. which can are highly reliable and can find connections Sky's own DNS can't find.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Gower23
Topic Author

Re: Access blocked to work websites & Global Protect VPN since last week? issues are with SKY b

@Chrisee thank you. I did try this and still nothing. I changed the DNS on the MacOS Wifi network settings to those 2.

I can still get online but not any secure websites for university and still cannot connect to Global Connect VPN :[

Gower23
Topic Author

@Chrisee also it works in my local cafe wifi just not at home with Sky Broadband. The issue is not with the VPN the university IT dept spent most of last week trying to fix it

@Gower23 one last suggestion check the settings for Broadband Shield in the My Sky app to see if thst is blocking access. 

65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Gower23
Topic Author

@Chrisee I have always had this turned off. I did turn it on and then off again to see if that was an issue but nope :[

@Gower23 I have escalated your post to the Sky team who support the forum who should be in touch soon to offer you a private chat session to see what they can suggest. Keep an eye on the forum as if you miss the message just click the chat icon which will be added to the forum pages for you to use.saving a long phone call.

Gower23
Topic Author

@Chrisee oh really - that is so sweet of you to do that.

Yes hopefully they can help.

You have been so kind - thank you

Claire

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating. We've sent an invite to @Gower23.

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by Katrina_D This message was authored by: Katrina_D

Hi. Has this been resolved?  I'm having the same issue since last week,  IT department gave exhausted their options it seems the issue is with our home WiFi 

Gower23
Topic Author

Sky are still trying to sort it out. It's not Apple (Mac Book Pro), it's not my university IT department. The issue is with Sky. They have been amazing but still cannot get to the bottom of it. I have to use coffee shops or friends/family wifi to be able to get online with certain secure sites for work. It's odd as not had an issue before

Gower23
Topic Author

@Katrina_D just answered your question but forgot to tag you. Have you got it sorted yet?

This message was authored by Katrina_D This message was authored by: Katrina_D

Hiya. Still not sorted. Engineer came yesterday and changed out router checked home set up. Worked like a dream last night - all down again this morning! Same issue as before we cannot connect any devices via WiFi to the router. Is there a resolution to this? 

Gower23
Topic Author

@Katrina_D my issue is very different as I can get wifi in the house but not VPN or specific websites for work. I can connect all devices etc and use the internet

Gower23
Topic Author

my issue was finally sorted after nearly 3 weeks of sky chat/help (who have been amazing).
I found a post about a similar issue as mine in which a new sky hub was installed and this worked so Sky sent a new hub router and it worked! all solved. They said it might have been a software issue.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion