Discussion topic: Access blocked to work websites & Global Protect VPN since last week? issues are with SKY broadband

This message was authored by CJones1 This message was authored by: CJones1

Re: Access blocked to work websites & Global Protect VPN since last week? issues are with SKY b

Hi 

I have been having the same issue, which started this week.  I have tried all of the recommendations within this thread and none have worked.  Should I escalate this to Sky?

Thanks in advance

This message was authored by Katrina_D This message was authored by: Katrina_D

Re: Access blocked to work websites & Global Protect VPN since last week? issues are with SKY b

Hi Yes I've also had a new router which does seem to have resolved the issue

Hi - how did you manage to persuade Sky to send a new router.  I have had the same problem, but they keep saying it is my IT team that need to sort it out and that a new router will have the same issue.

This message was authored by Katrina_D This message was authored by: Katrina_D

I took my laptop elsewhere and connected no problem to someone else's WiFi. My daughter also works from home and she couldn't connect either.  I just pushed the point - I had to be quite blunt unfortunately - it's not my works IT and don't ask me to reset it again 😳😳

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Access blocked to work websites & Global Protect VPN since last week? issues are with SKY br

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It's perhaps worth noting that sometimes a replacement router is a temporary solution to such things because inevitably the hardware has been sitting in a warehouse (sometimes for years) and so gets shipped with an older firmware version that doesn't include whatever is causing the issue: this then reappears once the most recent software version lands.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Ba_Lamb90 This message was authored by: Ba_Lamb90

Re: Access blocked to work websites & Global Protect VPN since last week? issues are with SKY br

I got a new router from SKY at the end of July 24 and it has not fixed the issue - I still cannot access my works VPN from home :o( 

I have replied on some other threads - hoping someone will find the problem as there are too many in the same boat ... 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Ba_Lamb90 

If it's a white Max Hub then the issue is likely to be Map-T, which is resolvable through an individual change applied by Sky on request.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Thanks TimmyBGood

Yes it is the White Max Hub.. The Map-T is on another discussion and I have commented there as well 🤞

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Ba_Lamb90 given itvdefinitely sounds like a MAP-T issue I have escalated our post to the Sky team who support the forum who should be in touch soon to offer you a private chat session to get this sorted. Keep an eye on the forum as if you miss the message just click the chat icon which will be added to the forum pages for you to use.saving a long phone call.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Thanks @Chrisee  😊

Will do

@Chrisee Be great if you could do the same for me as trying to resolve so far has been a nightmare.

@CJones1 do you have a white Sky Max hub and are having an issue connecting to a company VPN? The solution relating to MAP-T only applies if booth of those are true.

65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

@Chrisee  Yeah continued issue with connecting to work VPN and we do have the white sky max hub.

@CJones1 escalated for you.

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to @CJones1.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion