Discussion topic: Access blocked to work websites & Global Protect VPN since last week? issues are with SKY broadband

This message was authored by Gower23 This message was authored by: Gower23

Access blocked to work websites & Global Protect VPN since last week? issues are with SKY broadband

Hi - since the start of this week I have been unable to access secure areas for my work. Normally these worked fine at home but all of a sudden unresponsive. My IT department have been on this all week and no joy.

They suggested it might be SKY so asked me to try to access these sites from a cafe and the VPN. It worked fine so the issue is with SKY Broadband.

Can anyone help please.

I use Global Protect VPN which is needed at times for secure information and also staff page at uni wihout using VPN (they are password protected). 

thanks

Claire

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Access blocked to work websites & Global Protect VPN since last week? issues are with SKY br

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Gower23  Try unplugging the hub for 30 minutes.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Gower23
Topic Author

Re: Access blocked to work websites & Global Protect VPN since last week? issues are with SKY br

thank you so much. I will try this now.

Gower23
Topic Author

@GD1 sadly still the same. No access to certain websites which I can get access to out of my home environment :[ 

@Gower23  It may be worth also turning off Sky Broadband Shield https://www.sky.com/help/home/broadband/security-and-protection/sky-broadband-shield/articles/sky-br...

Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Gower23
Topic Author

@GD1 I checked this and it was already disabled.

@Gower23  The only other option is to leave the hub unplugged for a minimum of 1 hour.  This should pick up a new IP.

Gower23
Topic Author

@GD1 ah ok. Seems odd eh as I have not touched any settings with Sky at all.

I will turn it off now.

The error message I get is:

***uk took too long to respond.

Try:

• Checking the connection
  • checking proxy and firewall
ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

@Gower23  You are unplugging the hub from the power socket? Apologies if I didn't make it clear.

Gower23
Topic Author

@GD1 with the first 30 min turn off I just pulled the plug out of the back? shall I take the plug off the wall socket?

@Gower23  Yes, sorry I should have made it more clear 🙂

Gower23
Topic Author

@GD1 :] ok! doing that now for an hour and plugging out of the wall too.

Fingers crossed :]

Gower23
Topic Author

@GD1 nope still not working. I rebooted the mac laptop too

Gower23
Topic Author

@GD1 do you think I should turn it off overnight to see if it can get a different IP?

@Gower23  It's worth a try 🙂

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion