Windows live mail error 0x800CCC0F

Runner
Post 1 of 6

Windows live mail error 0x800CCC0F

I have Windows live mail set up on my laptop and I am suddenly unable to receive emails. The message I get is as follows:

Unable to send or receive messages for the Sky (xxxxx) account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Server: 'pop.tools.sky.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: POP3
Port: 995
Secure(SSL): Yes

I have checked all the setingsand they are correct but I don't know how to fix this.

Can anyone help please?

All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 6

Re: Windows live mail error 0x800CCC0F

Try disabling any anti virus you have as some are known to cause this issue with Windows Live Mail.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oracles are not Sky employees, we are just customers and will not be able to assist with account or billing issues.

imagebam.com
Runner
Post 3 of 6

Thanks for the suggestion but  have tried this and it makes no difference!

Oracle
Post 4 of 6

Another thing to try is access the account in webmail(via the Sky website or the Yahoo site) and empty the junk and deleted folders. Then move all messages from the inbox into a user-created temporary folder and perform send/receive in Windows Live Mail again. If this is error-free, you can then move half of the messages back into the inbox and send/receive again.

If that fails/have already tried it please let us know what else you have done that way we can look at finding alternative solutions.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oracles are not Sky employees, we are just customers and will not be able to assist with account or billing issues.

imagebam.com
Runner
Post 5 of 6

Thanks for the help. I have deleted everything in my sky webmail account and it now seems to be working ok. Hopefully itis fixed now! I just need to remember to empty my webmail regularly!

Oracle
Post 6 of 6

Glad its sorted anymore issues feel free to psot them and we will try to help.

imagebam.com