Sky rewards

Boom Operator
Post 16 of 35

Re: Sky rewards

Why switch? While, yes, I am no worse off it is incredibly frustrating for sky to make a big thing of "rewarding" decades of loyalty to their brand. And then reward that loyalty in no way whatsoever.

As usual, good in theory, pee poor in execution. 

And I didn't claim the DVD. It was 2017. I haven't had a way to play one in many years. 

Electronic Engineer by day, geek by night.
Avid collector of tech.

Current - Sky Q 2TB + 2 miniboxes, BT Infinity 2 with HH6. Many shiny things.
Current mobile Note 8 on EE.
Researcher
Post 17 of 35

My point exactly. Sky make a big thing of saying they wish to  reward their loyal customers (I'm on 20+ years) but there are hardly any  of these advertised rewards for 99% of them.

It would have been better for them to just say "here's a voucher for a DVD, thanks for your long service" but no, they spend hundreds of thousands of pounds on this pointless VIP club, which just leads to disappointment. Whoever came up with the idea should be fired. 

Oracle
Post 18 of 35

@biomulv You can still watch the free download if your Set Top Box is connected to broadband

Annie Sky+HD Customer since 1989 I DO NOT work for sky!
Sky forum Oracle since 2012, Public beta tester for Sky, Apple & Microsoft, Computer analyst/programmer, Web designer, Xbox One X Gamer, I love technology
Researcher
Post 19 of 35

To add to this point,  many more people seem to be raising the same issue over and over again.  I have yet to see a single person to come forward in defence of the scheme and saying they had tickets to any of the events. Starting to make us wonder firstly of how genuine this scheme is, i.e. How many tickets to each event are actually available, if any at all; and secondly whether the people who are "lucky enough" to get the tickets all share the Murdoch name..... 

Researcher
Post 20 of 35

Totally agree, rewarding loyalty isnt saying you can enter a lottery style ballot that you have no chance of winning. Complete joke. If sky think this will stop people leaving they are mistaken, did seem a good idea when started but now getting extremely annoying, especially as most rewards are in London and all ballots are open for weeks and don’t end until close to actual event. What could have been good, now just needs scrapping, sky and other large companies don’t reward loyalty and never will. 

Sound Designer
Post 21 of 35

Well surely as you say other companies don't rewars loyalty but at least sky are giving you a chance to enter lots of competitions and ballots etc. To potentially win something and some things are book now. Better than absolutely nothing even if low chance. 

Do agree about ballots are open for way too long. Should only be open for max 3 days I'd prefer 1 day, agree again that one reason being ballot closes way too close to event date currently.

Oracle
Post 22 of 35

@Superjacko wrote:

To add to this point,  many more people seem to be raising the same issue over and over again.  I have yet to see a single person to come forward in defence of the scheme and saying they had tickets to any of the events. Starting to make us wonder firstly of how genuine this scheme is, i.e. How many tickets to each event are actually available, if any at all; and secondly whether the people who are "lucky enough" to get the tickets all share the Murdoch name..... 

There are on the forum if you care to look for them

Sky forum Oracle since 2012, Public beta tester for Sky, Apple & Microsoft, Computer analyst/programmer, Web designer, Xbox One X Gamer, I love technology
Researcher
Post 23 of 35

@Annie+UK wrote:

@Superjacko wrote:

There are on the forum if you care to look for them

I stand corrected. I have spotted Two, yes TWO  "account holders" that seem to have received tickets. Out of the hundreds of posts on this issue. Two people. Both having won on multiple occasions to boot. Returning me to my second point on my original comment, whether it's skewed in favour of "preferred individuals"

Oracle
Post 24 of 35

You do realise that the nature of forums is for people to complain, very few people come to a forum to give praise

Researcher
Post 25 of 35

@Annie+UK wrote:

You do realise that the nature of forums is for people to complain, very few people come to a forum to give praise

Touché 😉

Sound Designer
Post 26 of 35

Not sure if I am one of the people you found  but i am no way affiliated with the Murdoch or sky brigade!!! I had a very fortunate and great run in November  with events etc but doubt I'll get anything again, but then i wouldn't care because I have had something I guess. But hope I do! Only gripe I have is when the app doesn't work properly and I'm in communication with sky atm to rectify this.

It's free, it might be frustrating but sky have listened to feedback amd changed their policies in December. I still think things aren't quite right but we'll see what happens. Such as ballots open for way toooooooo long!

Researcher
Post 27 of 35

@Jooost82 wrote:

Not sure if I am one of the people you found  but i am no way affiliated with the Murdoch or sky brigade!!! I had a very fortunate and great run in November  with events etc but doubt I'll get anything again, but then i wouldn't care because I have had something I guess. But hope I do!

Pleased to hear that there was a genuine winner. 

So long as you didn't win the Metallica tickets, that is.... 😈🙊😥

Sound Designer
Post 28 of 35

Weirdly I was on the m6 around Sandbach (passenger in car) and went on and they were available got 2 in my friends name as I know he loves them but he couldn't go as already had plans but released them straight away by Knutsford!

Runner
Post 29 of 35

I got tickets for a championship game once, but that was because I received an email and went straight on the site. I don't even get the emails anymore. DO I need to re subscribe for them or something?

Boom Operator
Post 30 of 35

If I go to the app instantly once I receive the email, its too late. 

Great system. 😂. 

Electronic Engineer by day, geek by night.
Avid collector of tech.

Current - Sky Q 2TB + 2 miniboxes, BT Infinity 2 with HH6. Many shiny things.
Current mobile Note 8 on EE.
Recommended Threads
11-04-2018 05:39 PM
Zoeelouisee a month ago 03:34 PM
2 weeks ago 07:47 PM
27-04-2018 01:07 PM
18-03-2018 02:25 PM