Sky rewards

Researcher
Post 1 of 35

Sky rewards

Received a email today at 12.05 regarding latest sky rewards. Opened my sky app at 12.06 to try and get championship football tickets for february, only to find all games fully booked.

This happens every month.

It's a straight con if you ask me.

All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 35

Re: Sky rewards

Con is a bit strong and technically incorrect, bad luck is more like it

Annie Sky+HD Customer since 1989 I DO NOT work for sky!
Sky forum Oracle since 2012, Public beta tester for Sky, Apple & Microsoft, Computer analyst/programmer, Web designer, Xbox One X Gamer, I love technology
Researcher
Post 3 of 35

Bad luck, are you having a laugh.

It,s the same every month.

Every game should be a ballot to make it fairer.

Oracle
Post 4 of 35

You got an email that is more than people used to get, theree are millions of sky customers and a very limited number of tickets so it is extremely lucky to obtain tickets

I doubt it would stop people, who miss out, moaning however sky allocate tickets

Sky forum Oracle since 2012, Public beta tester for Sky, Apple & Microsoft, Computer analyst/programmer, Web designer, Xbox One X Gamer, I love technology
Viewer
Post 5 of 35

Totally agree.

The whole things a farce.

I'e been trying for 4 months and every game is fully booked  immediatly along with all the other sports the film premiers  

Ballot for everything is only fair way .

Oracle
Post 6 of 35

Some of the more popular events both sporting and non sporting are now drawn by a ballot for example I can see Premier Leage tickets there are only available via a ballot but Sky have yet to do this with the Championship or Leagues 1 or 2 tickets but I wouldn't be surprised if this does happen one day.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Researcher
Post 7 of 35

Going into your my sky app 1 minute after receiving email and everything is fully booked.

Something fishy going on.

Ballot everything is the only way.

A friend of mine went to cinema preview of Jumanji, at the time it was fully booked, there was about 20 people there, the cinema was empty.

People who do not turn up should not be allowed to book again, as i'm sure this happens alot.

Oracle
Post 8 of 35

Bulk emails are not guaranteed to get to the recipients at exactly the same time, your email could have been delayed for a multitude of reasons, where as others get theirs more quickly, this is the nature of emails

Time dependant notification emails are not all that useful

@Chris1998 wrote:

People who do not turn up should not be allowed to book again, as i'm sure this happens alot.

This is already being implemented

Sound Designer
Post 9 of 35

Balloting is certainly a step in the right direction, but the closing dates need to be brought forward.

For example, the ballot for the Dreamgirls show in London ends on 26th Feb for the show on the 6th March.

this doesn't leave long to sort out transport and accommodation.

Personally, i think the ballot should be open for no more than 3 days.

Researcher
Post 10 of 35

Ballot gives you virtually no chance of getting any tickets, at least with book now if you see them you can book them and you know tickets are yours. Do agree however that current ballots are open far to long and close too close to event. People are never going to be totally happy with system but as said ballot gives you very little chance to get anything and there is less chance to get tickets now than there was before. 

Sound Designer
Post 11 of 35

Read the original ost about two hours ago, went onto the sports page and the championship games were stated as being fully booked as I expect frrom orginal post. Went into the championship football itself just to see which gamrs were  offered and loads of matches were showing as you could book!!! At least 15 different matches available  of about 30 .atches total, might have been even more.

Sound Designer
Post 12 of 35

No, i'm too slow again. just one champioship match at "waiting list" the rest fully booked. 

Can't these matches be a ballot.

Researcher
Post 13 of 35

The point that everyone seems to be missing is that this scheme is supposed to be a reward for long-standing Sky customers but literally only a handful can take advantage of this. Where's the reward in that? It's a complete and utter waste of time and has, I'm sure,  annoyed a lot of loyal Sky customers.

Boom Operator
Post 14 of 35

I have yet to secure one single worthy ticket via Sky Vip London since the early access. Complete waste of time and makes me more likely to switch. 

Electronic Engineer by day, geek by night.
Avid collector of tech.

Current - Sky Q 2TB + 2 miniboxes, BT Infinity 2 with HH6. Many shiny things.
Current mobile Note 8 on EE.
Oracle
Post 15 of 35

@biomulv wrote:

I have yet to secure one single worthy ticket via Sky Vip London since the early access. Complete waste of time and makes me more likely to switch. 

Why switch? You’re no worse off than before the scheme existed, did you claim your free DVD?

Recommended Threads
11-04-2018 05:39 PM
Zoeelouisee a month ago 03:34 PM
2 weeks ago 07:47 PM
27-04-2018 01:07 PM
18-03-2018 02:25 PM