Sky VIP a big Bluff???

Runner
Post 1 of 18

Sky VIP a big Bluff???

Can I unsubscribe to Sky VIP. As far as I'm concerned even if I was lucky enough to win the draw  most of the rewards are geographically out of my reach. A big bluff from Sky to make the customer feel appreciated.

All Replies
Director of Photography
Post 2 of 18

Re: Sky VIP a big Bluff???

@11pao wrote:

Can I unsubscribe to Sky VIP. As far as I'm concerned even if I was lucky enough to win the draw  most of the rewards are geographically out of my reach. A big bluff from Sky to make the customer feel appreciated.

On the contrary, It's not "a big bluff"

Being a VIP  member I have saved on SKYQ installation, reduced price for the soundbox, local cinema tickets, priority assistance when calling SKY and a substantial reduction on my viewing package.

So no it isn't a bluff!!  And the big plus it is FREE! Smiley Happy

New Viewer
Post 3 of 18

I totally agree, everything seems down south, I don’t have Sky Q, I get cinema tickets through compare the meerkat. To me a total waste of time . Yes I could travel south from Lancashire, time and cost, what’s the point 🤨

Oracle
Post 4 of 18

@11pao wrote:

You can unsubscribe but why, just ignore the VIP stuff and see if things change in the future, staying subscribed costs nothing

If you really must unsubscribe the you need to phone sky

To contact sky use this link: Contact Sky or for Accessibility customers
Calls to Sky contact centres are inclusive for Sky Mobile and Sky talk customers. If you’re not with Sky Talk/Mobile 03 numbers are usually charged at a local rate and may be included in your calls package.
Annie I DO NOT work for sky!

Sky Customer since 1989, Sky forum Oracle since 2012, Sky+HD user, Public beta tester for Sky, Apple & Microsoft, Computer analyst/programmer, Web designer, Xbox One X Gamer, I love technology, my main viewing is with YouTube & Twitch

when posting your issue could you please include ALL the steps you have gone through to try and fix the issue so that people do not have to waste time suggesting things you have already tried, also be as detailed as possible with the information you provide as there can never be too much, thanks

Oracle
Post 5 of 18

If you do unsubscribe from it you would no longer get Sky Go Extra for free if you don't already and if competitions are you thing you wouldn't be able to enter those via the app or take up any future offers so I agree with @Annie+UK just leave this as they are as it costs you nothing and who knows what stuff will be added in the months to come.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Oracle
Post 6 of 18

@11pao

Uninstall the 'My Sky' app and unsubscribe from the VIP emails?

Sky Q from April 2016 (Silver & 1 Mini, both over ethernet), BT ADSL (14Mbs), BT Home Hub 6 (ethernet), Lenovo Tab 2 A7 (Android 4.4 KitKat), Wileyfox Swift (Android 7.1.2 Nougat), LG 49UJ701V with Yamaha RX-V375, Toshiba 32L6353, Samsung UE22F5400
Oracle
Post 7 of 18

@TimmyBGood wrote:

@11pao

Uninstall the 'My Sky' app and unsubscribe from the VIP emails?

But the My Sky app is so much more than VIP, just unsub from the emails and don’t use the VIP section of My Sky

Annie I DO NOT work for sky!

Sky Customer since 1989, Sky forum Oracle since 2012, Sky+HD user, Public beta tester for Sky, Apple & Microsoft, Computer analyst/programmer, Web designer, Xbox One X Gamer, I love technology, my main viewing is with YouTube & Twitch

when posting your issue could you please include ALL the steps you have gone through to try and fix the issue so that people do not have to waste time suggesting things you have already tried, also be as detailed as possible with the information you provide as there can never be too much, thanks

Researcher
Post 8 of 18

I never get any VIP emails except for when I book or cancel a movie.  How do I subscribe to the VIP emails as often miss out due to this.  I can't see any way to subscribe on the app.

Oracle
Post 9 of 18

@akh48 wrote:

I never get any VIP emails except for when I book or cancel a movie.  How do I subscribe to the VIP emails as often miss out due to this.  I can't see any way to subscribe on the app.

I don't get such emails either, but some people appear to do so. 

Sky Q from April 2016 (Silver & 1 Mini, both over ethernet), BT ADSL (14Mbs), BT Home Hub 6 (ethernet), Lenovo Tab 2 A7 (Android 4.4 KitKat), Wileyfox Swift (Android 7.1.2 Nougat), LG 49UJ701V with Yamaha RX-V375, Toshiba 32L6353, Samsung UE22F5400
Oracle
Post 10 of 18

@TimmyBGood wrote:

@akh48 wrote:

Strangely I don't get e-mails either

I may have an Oracle badge but i'm still just a customer

imagebam.com

Boom Operator
Post 11 of 18

Agreed SKY VIP London is pretty useless. As most users comment. As usual with SKY it could be a good tie in, but is wasted.

BUT , you can just ignore it and feel no more valued for your loyalty as most do ATM.

Electronic Engineer by day, geek by night.
Avid collector of tech.

Current - Sky Q 2TB + 2 miniboxes, BT Infinity 2 with HH6. Many shiny things.
Current mobile Note 9 Dual Sim on EE.
Runner
Post 12 of 18

I get emails but the second you check on the rewards it’s says fully booked or ballot! Load of crap to be fair just a marketing scheme 

@TimmyBGood wrote:

@akh48 wrote:

Director of Photography
Post 13 of 18

@Oli2138 wrote:

I get emails but the second you check on the rewards it’s says fully booked or ballot! Load of crap to be fair just a marketing scheme 

@TimmyBGood wrote:

@akh48 wrote:

Hi Smiley Happy There have been a lot of people that have benefitted in one way or another with SKY VIP, as it is a free app and you do not have to pay to use it, how would it be a marketing scheme?

I agree it can be dissapointing not to win a ballot or get the tickets you want, but at least your in with a chance.

VIP also puts you in a better position for discounts on your subscription to SKY when you ring to negotiate a new contract, so NO " not crap"

Runner
Post 14 of 18

Still a marketing scheme and when you do phone up as an existing coustermer you just get phobed off. My internet went down the other week and I was told an engineer would be out with in a week! But if I’m a new customer it would be the next day

Runner
Post 15 of 18

while i wouldn't totally agree that its a big bluff, it is definately incredibly frustrating when VIP offer after offer for things like...Breakfast at Pepper Pig world, Hampshire or come to watch something at the O2 arena, London  keep landing in my in box.

I live in the north of England, what good are those offers to me????

come on Sky, get your Southern Centric Head out your behind and either don't do it, or make it easier for the majority to join in.  its a loyalty programme, and doesn't instil much loyalty from me!

@11pao wrote:

Recommended Threads
09-08-2018 07:47 PM
Zoeelouisee 23-07-2018 03:34 PM
Friday 07:18 PM
13-10-2018 08:54 AM
2 weeks ago 09:29 AM