Sky Q freezing but can still hear sound

Runner
Post 1 of 6

Sky Q freezing but can still hear sound

Hi

i had my Sky Q fitted on Thursday and it froze a couple of times after this but it’s progressively getting worse. It froze 6 times during the England match yesterday and a further 3 times later that evening. It’s froze 3 times today already. 

I have been on the phone to Sky 3 times now and I have an engineer coming out but I wanted to know if anyone else is having the same issue. 

Also just for more detail, the picture freezes but I can still hear the channel. If I try and change channel then all signal is lost and I get a blank screen. Turning off and on sorts out the problem but doing this 9 times yesterday gets very frustrating. I have a Samsung tv but the HDMI’s are now on a Samsung connect so there are no HDMI’s on the back of the tv. I have tried different HDMI inputs but it still happens. Considering I can hear the channel, seems like it’s not an issue with my tv or the Samsung connect. 

Any ideas?

All Replies
Executive Producer
Post 2 of 6

Re: Sky Q freezing but can still hear sound

@Adrok wrote:

Hi

i had my Sky Q fitted on Thursday and it froze a couple of times after this but it’s progressively getting worse. It froze 6 times during the England match yesterday and a further 3 times later that evening. It’s froze 3 times today already. 

I have been on the phone to Sky 3 times now and I have an engineer coming out but I wanted to know if anyone else is having the same issue. 

Also just for more detail, the picture freezes but I can still hear the channel. If I try and change channel then all signal is lost and I get a blank screen. Turning off and on sorts out the problem but doing this 9 times yesterday gets very frustrating. I have a Samsung tv but the HDMI’s are now on a Samsung connect so there are no HDMI’s on the back of the tv. I have tried different HDMI inputs but it still happens. Considering I can hear the channel, seems like it’s not an issue with my tv or the Samsung connect. 

Any ideas?

Sounds about right with Samsung one connect system which lots of people are having problems with. 

If you do a search on the forum you will see many threads on this subject 

BT Ultra Infinity. Apple Time Capsule. Sky Q 2TB watching UHD through a LG OLED55B7 and listening through a soundbox. Multiroom with 2 miniboxes
Runner
Post 3 of 6

Ok thanks

Viewer
Post 4 of 6

Jumping on this as I’m experiencing exactly the same issues - but am connected directly via HDMI cable. Had Sky Q for well over a year but not experienced this before. Happened four or 5 times in the past 2 hours now. I’ve currently got the box unplugged to cool down in case it’s a heat issue...

Runner
Post 5 of 6

It’s all fixed now. Engineer came about and wanted to drill new wires into the house. Argued that it might be the box as I had the 1tb black box and not the 2tb silver box. He wouldn’t try a silver box as I hadn’t paid for it. Got through to cancellations who gave me a silver box for £45. This solved the problem and I didn’t need new holes put in my house. 

Executive Producer
Post 6 of 6

@Adrok wrote:

It’s all fixed now. Engineer came about and wanted to drill new wires into the house. Argued that it might be the box as I had the 1tb black box and not the 2tb silver box. He wouldn’t try a silver box as I hadn’t paid for it. Got through to cancellations who gave me a silver box for £45. This solved the problem and I didn’t need new holes put in my house. 

Nice try trying to get a free 2TB box, just hope the issue was the box! 

BT Ultra Infinity. Apple Time Capsule. Sky Q 2TB watching UHD through a LG OLED55B7 and listening through a soundbox. Multiroom with 2 miniboxes
Recommended Threads
09-08-2018 07:47 PM
Zoeelouisee 23-07-2018 03:34 PM
Friday 07:18 PM
13-10-2018 08:54 AM
2 weeks ago 09:29 AM