Q no sat signal new t.v. Cabinet

Answered
Go to Answer
Production Supervisor
Post 46 of 52

Re: Q no sat signal new t.v. Cabinet

@bob1234 wrote:

Things are not always what they seem, I have a 24" TV standing on top of a mini box, this you would think was the worse possible set up.

However the TV has a lightweight alloy stand which works as a heat sink and it actually drops the temperature of the mini box 2 degrees compared to free standing.

Fair comment @bob1234 but as the Sky  Q Mini Boxes don't have an hardrive and 12 tuners it's like saying 'the lights are on but nobody's at home'

Editor
Post 47 of 52

@bob1234 wrote:

Things are not always what they seem, I have a 24" TV standing on top of a mini box, this you would think was the worse possible set up.

However the TV has a lightweight alloy stand which works as a heat sink and it actually drops the temperature of the mini box 2 degrees compared to free standing.

When I tested the thermal gradient across the top surface of my mini, it very soon became clear that the plastic case, even with its thermally conductive fillers, still exhibited quite a high thermal gradient across its surface area.

I leave others to draw their own conclusions as to how 'breathable' or as I prefer to describe it 'thermally conductive' the plastic case actually is.

Sky Q mini temp gradient.jpg

(With just an Ethernet connection, all Wi-Fi turned OFF)

Godfrey.

Executive Producer
Post 48 of 52

@Godfrey wrote:

@bob1234 wrote:

When I tested the thermal gradient across the top surface of my mini, it very soon became clear that the plastic case, even with its thermally conductive fillers, still exhibited quite a high thermal gradient across its surface area.

I leave others to draw their own conclusions as to how 'breathable' or as I prefer to describe it 'thermally conductive' the plastic case actually is.

Sky Q mini temp gradient.jpg

(With just an Ethernet connection, all Wi-Fi turned OFF)

Godfrey.

Yes very similar to the measurements I got with it free standing.

Managing Editor
Post 49 of 52

My parts order was declined as min £10 order required. Need to re consider this tonight. 

Editor
Post 50 of 52

@Donfor wrote:

Thanks @Godfrey I did see the back to back f connector.

Your advise is very much appreciated and cost effective I must say appreciated.

Total £4.51 ordered

2PFADAPTPush fit F connector adaptor  
1OPTWSTWWOption Add an additional meter of white twin Webro WF100 cable to my made up length  
2FBTOBACOne F Connector back to back coupler

You needed to select and order the initial terminated length of made up cable...................

Thus, the correct code for 1 m length of WF100 Twin in White is 1TWINBCW 

Godfrey.

Managing Editor
Post 51 of 52

Thanks

i could phone and make the order up to a tenner or select 6 pounds delivery if I continue to purchase online

Editor
Post 52 of 52

@Donfor wrote:

Thanks

i could phone and make the order up to a tenner or select 6 pounds delivery if I continue to purchase online

When you correct the order for your 1 m length of Twin White WF100 the order value will meet the minimum order value.

checkout.jpg

Godfrey.

Recommended Threads
Saturday 05:17 AM
Friday 09:43 PM
02-08-2018 08:28 PM
Sunny+dragon 01-08-2018 09:09 PM
yesterday 03:11 PM