Reply

Issues with TV On Demand Content? Report here

Reply
Producer
Posts: 3,535
Post 76 of 203
656 Views

Re: Issues with TV On Demand Content? Report here


@BKara76a wrote:

Sky Arts is playing up. I can watch the tv channel but if I go onto catch up it’s hit and miss. Some programs it lets me download - others it says I need to upgrade my subscription!  Why is this happening?? 


@BKara76a Only guessing here, but have you got the Box Sets Package ? If not, then it's probably the case that the ones you can't download are part of Box Sets rather than Sky Arts Catch Up. 

Executive Producer
Posts: 7,001
Post 77 of 203
653 Views

Re: Issues with TV On Demand Content? Report here


@oj01 wrote:

@BKara76a wrote:

Sky Arts is playing up. I can watch the tv channel but if I go onto catch up it’s hit and miss. Some programs it lets me download - others it says I need to upgrade my subscription!  Why is this happening?? 


@BKara76a Only guessing here, but have you got the Box Sets Package ? If not, then it's probably the case that the ones you can't download are part of Box Sets rather than Sky Arts Catch Up. 


I agree - the most likely cause from the information you’ve given is that you don’t have a box sets subscription.

Researcher
Posts: 52
Post 78 of 203
615 Views

Re: Issues with TV On Demand Content? Report here

New Order: Decades on Sky Arts in HD downloads up to 101% complete but keeps downloading and won't play.

Executive Producer
Posts: 10,873
Post 79 of 203
600 Views

Re: Issues with TV On Demand Content? Report here


@Dfrazzer wrote:

New Order: Decades on Sky Arts in HD downloads up to 101% complete but keeps downloading and won't play.


I've just checked that and it became available to play after a couple of seconds and finished at 100% so I'd recommend trying again.

 

Oracle
Posts: 12,599
Post 80 of 203
583 Views

Re: Issues with TV On Demand Content? Report here

The Assets on Alibi

It would appear for some reason that Episodes 1 and 8 from Catch up cannot be downloaded without BoxSets subscription.  They can be found in Catch up - More Episodes.

 

Looking here the Synopsis to Episodes 1 and 8 do not show an Aired Date whereas Episodes 2 - 7 do.

For that reason alone I suspect that there could be an error in the data and these 2 episodes are maybe incorrectly categorised as Boxsets.

Production Supervisor
Posts: 1,311
Post 81 of 203
552 Views

Re: Issues with TV On Demand Content? Report here


@oldfella wrote:

The Assets on Alibi

It would appear for some reason that Episodes 1 and 8 from Catch up cannot be downloaded without BoxSets subscription.  They can be found in Catch up - More Episodes.

 

Looking here the Synopsis to Episodes 1 and 8 do not show an Aired Date whereas Episodes 2 - 7 do.

For that reason alone I suspect that there could be an error in the data and these 2 episodes are maybe incorrectly categorised as Boxsets.


Similar problem with "The Gifted" on FOX.

 

I downloaded Episodes 11, 12 and 13 on Saturday from Catch Up. I did this because the FOX broadcast channel has unceremoniously pulled the series from being broadcasted, in the middle of the season, leaving me high and dry.

 

I pay for the FOX channel, so I darn well am entitled to see these 3 episodes.

 

Now it won't let me play any of them. I get the rude error message "Find out how to upgrade your subscription to get this channel"....

but I already pay for this channel so that error message is meaningless.

 

Please can this be fixed urgently.

 

ps. The well-meaning first post in this thread, linked to a blob post explaining the difference between Catch up and Box Sets.

that is a DEAD LINK.

 

--
I do not have a sig other than this message.
Enjoying HDR with 4k Blu-Ray, Amazon, YouTube and gaming since 2016.
Producer
Posts: 3,535
Post 82 of 203
529 Views

Re: Issues with TV On Demand Content? Report here


@mr.tickle wrote:

@oldfella wrote:

The Assets on Alibi

It would appear for some reason that Episodes 1 and 8 from Catch up cannot be downloaded without BoxSets subscription.  They can be found in Catch up - More Episodes.

 

Looking here the Synopsis to Episodes 1 and 8 do not show an Aired Date whereas Episodes 2 - 7 do.

For that reason alone I suspect that there could be an error in the data and these 2 episodes are maybe incorrectly categorised as Boxsets.


Similar problem with "The Gifted" on FOX.

 

I downloaded Episodes 11, 12 and 13 on Saturday from Catch Up. I did this because the FOX broadcast channel has unceremoniously pulled the series from being broadcasted, in the middle of the season, leaving me high and dry.

 

I pay for the FOX channel, so I darn well am entitled to see these 3 episodes.

 

Now it won't let me play any of them. I get the rude error message "Find out how to upgrade your subscription to get this channel"....

but I already pay for this channel so that error message is meaningless.

 

Please can this be fixed urgently.

 

ps. The well-meaning first post in this thread, linked to a blob post explaining the difference between Catch up and Box Sets.

that is a DEAD LINK.

 


@mr.tickle @It looks as though The Gifted is available as both a Box Set and via Catch-up. However, if FOX have pulled the series without showing the last episodes like you say then, by definition, they can't be 'caught up' on. Therefore only the Box Set version is available.

Director of Photography
Posts: 3,172
Post 83 of 203
525 Views

Re: Issues with TV On Demand Content? Report here

Fox has not pulled The Gifted. The season 2 starts October 14.

 

Sky Q 2TB V1 -- LG 55UH850V UHD TV -- 1 Mini
Production Supervisor
Posts: 1,311
Post 84 of 203
510 Views

Re: Issues with TV On Demand Content? Report here


@JonW42 wrote:

Fox has not pulled The Gifted. The season 2 starts October 14.

 


Er, YES IT HAS, I didn't mention Season 2 at all. I'm talking about the Saturday showings of Season 1, ready for Season 2.

Season 1 episode 1 was shown on Sat 14 Jul
Season 1 episode 2 was shown on Sat 21 Jul
Season 1 episode 3 was shown on Sat 28 Jul
Season 1 episode 4 was shown on Sat 04 Aug
Season 1 episode 5 was shown on Sat 11 Aug
Season 1 episode 6 was shown on Sat 18 Aug
Season 1 episode 7 was shown on Sat 25 Aug
Season 1 episode 8 was shown on Sat 01 Sep
Season 1 episode 9 was shown on Sat 08 Sep
Season 1 episode 10 was shown on Sat 15 Sep
Season 1 episode 11 was SCHEDULED for Sat 22 Sep, THEN IT WAS PULLED and replaced with "Constantine".

 

It was in my planner, and it's clear that they planned to show the last 3 episodes in the weeks leading up to the start of season 2.

 

But please, don't say it wasn't pulled - it was. I'm guessing because they decided that "constantine" was going to take that slot.

 

--
I do not have a sig other than this message.
Enjoying HDR with 4k Blu-Ray, Amazon, YouTube and gaming since 2016.
Production Supervisor
Posts: 1,311
Post 85 of 203
506 Views

Re: Issues with TV On Demand Content? Report here


@oj01 wrote:


@mr.tickle @It looks as though The Gifted is available as both a Box Set and via Catch-up. However, if FOX have pulled the series without showing the last episodes like you say then, by definition, they can't be 'caught up' on. Therefore only the Box Set version is available.


I fear that you are right. That's a nasty dirty trick on Fox's part - why lure someone in to a great series and then screw them over for the last 3 episodes? I was not aware of it on its "first run" and I expect and pay for repeats. It's also why I much prefer the original name "On Demand". They made it available in "On Demand" and "Box Sets", but now, it's only available in "Box Sets".

 

--
I do not have a sig other than this message.
Enjoying HDR with 4k Blu-Ray, Amazon, YouTube and gaming since 2016.
Director of Photography
Posts: 3,172
Post 86 of 203
488 Views

Re: Issues with TV On Demand Content? Report here


@mr.tickle wrote:

@JonW42 wrote:

Fox has not pulled The Gifted. The season 2 starts October 14.

 


Er, YES IT HAS, I didn't mention Season 2 at all. I'm talking about the Saturday showings of Season 1, ready for Season 2.

Season 1 episode 1 was shown on Sat 14 Jul
Season 1 episode 2 was shown on Sat 21 Jul
Season 1 episode 3 was shown on Sat 28 Jul
Season 1 episode 4 was shown on Sat 04 Aug
Season 1 episode 5 was shown on Sat 11 Aug
Season 1 episode 6 was shown on Sat 18 Aug
Season 1 episode 7 was shown on Sat 25 Aug
Season 1 episode 8 was shown on Sat 01 Sep
Season 1 episode 9 was shown on Sat 08 Sep
Season 1 episode 10 was shown on Sat 15 Sep
Season 1 episode 11 was SCHEDULED for Sat 22 Sep, THEN IT WAS PULLED and replaced with "Constantine".

 

It was in my planner, and it's clear that they planned to show the last 3 episodes in the weeks leading up to the start of season 2.

 

But please, don't say it wasn't pulled - it was. I'm guessing because they decided that "constantine" was going to take that slot.

 


Sorry, but not quite right. Fox ran the first season of The Gifted starting October 8, 2017. All Fox has done is interrupt reruns.

 

Season 1 is fully available on Box Sets until September 30, 2018. You might be able to buy or rent the episodes you've missed from Amazon if you don't have Box Sets.

Sky Q 2TB V1 -- LG 55UH850V UHD TV -- 1 Mini
New Viewer
Posts: 1
Post 87 of 203
399 Views

Re: Issues with TV On Demand Content? Report here

Subscribe to sky for Discovery and hd yet can't download discovery hd programme. Why ?

Executive Producer
Posts: 10,873
Post 88 of 203
394 Views

Re: Issues with TV On Demand Content? Report here


@Colinc1314 wrote:

Subscribe to sky for Discovery and hd yet can't download discovery hd programme. Why ?


Maybe because it's box sets content? Do you subscribe to box sets? What is it you are trying to download?

Production Supervisor
Posts: 1,311
Post 89 of 203
360 Views

Re: Issues with TV On Demand Content? Report here


@JonW42 wrote:

@mr.tickle wrote:

@JonW42 wrote:

Fox has not pulled The Gifted. The season 2 starts October 14.

 


Er, YES IT HAS, I didn't mention Season 2 at all. I'm talking about the Saturday showings of Season 1, ready for Season 2.

Season 1 episode 1 was shown on Sat 14 Jul
Season 1 episode 2 was shown on Sat 21 Jul
Season 1 episode 3 was shown on Sat 28 Jul
Season 1 episode 4 was shown on Sat 04 Aug
Season 1 episode 5 was shown on Sat 11 Aug
Season 1 episode 6 was shown on Sat 18 Aug
Season 1 episode 7 was shown on Sat 25 Aug
Season 1 episode 8 was shown on Sat 01 Sep
Season 1 episode 9 was shown on Sat 08 Sep
Season 1 episode 10 was shown on Sat 15 Sep
Season 1 episode 11 was SCHEDULED for Sat 22 Sep, THEN IT WAS PULLED and replaced with "Constantine".

 

It was in my planner, and it's clear that they planned to show the last 3 episodes in the weeks leading up to the start of season 2.

 

But please, don't say it wasn't pulled - it was. I'm guessing because they decided that "constantine" was going to take that slot.

 


Sorry, but not quite right. Fox ran the first season of The Gifted starting October 8, 2017. All Fox has done is interrupt reruns.

 


It is exactly right, as I posted. They pulled the re-runs and replaced them with Constantine. That's a fact.

 

--
I do not have a sig other than this message.
Enjoying HDR with 4k Blu-Ray, Amazon, YouTube and gaming since 2016.
Executive Producer
Posts: 7,466
Post 90 of 203
322 Views

Re: Issues with TV On Demand Content? Report here

  Box Sets: The Flash S3 is missing from the Featured Tab.

  Made In Chelsea S10 is missing from the Featured Tab.

  Grey's Anatomy S14 has been removed from the Featured Tab.

  This is for Sky+.

Sky+HD 2TB STB - Samsung Q7 65" UHD HDR+ Smart TV - Samsung UBD-M7500 Ultra HD 4K Blu-ray Player HDR Advanced Smart - Samsung Sound+ HW-MS650 All in One Smart Soundbar - Samsung SWA-9000S Wireless Rear Speakers
Please see my Box Sets Expiry Dates List thread on the Entertainment board.
Reply
Recommended Threads
25-08-2018 08:11 PM
23-10-2018 08:11 AM
Friday 07:52 PM
3 weeks ago 09:07 PM
28-06-2018 09:02 AM