Issues with TV On Demand Content? Report here

Director of Photography
Post 16 of 203

Re: Issues with TV On Demand Content? Report here

@ianpaul1 wrote:

Would be nice if ITV uploaded yesterday's X Factor sometime this week Smiley Indifferent

I have a series link and have already watched it. But yes, it should be available on Catch Up. This is why I don't like to rely totally on Catch Up.

Sky Q 2TB V1 -- LG 55UH850V UHD TV -- 1 Mini
Executive Producer
Post 17 of 203

@ianpaul1 wrote:

Would be nice if ITV uploaded yesterday's X Factor sometime this week Smiley Indifferent

For some of us. it would be nice if ITV dumped X Factor altogether, and put some decent programming on for a Saturday and Sunday night! Smiley Wink

Director of Photography
Post 18 of 203

@Pacco65 wrote:

@ianpaul1 wrote:

For some of us. it would be nice if ITV dumped X Factor altogether, and put some decent programming on for a Saturday and Sunday night! Smiley Wink

Yes, let's put back on Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takaway. That was really bad and it was just an advertising fest.

Executive Producer
Post 19 of 203

Saturday was good- it turned into a Robbie Williams gig at the end. 

Plus that chick singing Dreamer bought back good memories. Probably an age thing though 🤓

Executive Producer
Post 20 of 203

@ianpaul1 wrote:

Saturday was good- it turned into a Robbie Williams gig at the end. 

Plus that chick singing Dreamer bought back good memories. Probably an age thing though 🤓

I'm afraid I just got sick and tired of all the sob stories, and "I'm doing it for my Mum/Dad/kids etc". No you're not - you're doing it for yourself - you want to be rich and famous. Nothing wrong with that, but just be honest. By the way, it's numerically impossible to want anything "110%" etc etc you can only give 100% because that is everything - absolutely EVERYTHING! Oh, and while we're being honest, you do realise that you're "career" is most likely last 6 months at the very most, and then you'll be doomed to an endless round of "celebrity" game shows like Jungle etc just to try to keep a public persona going. Or if you're very lucky you'll just go back to being a bin man, or the McDonalds Counter. Or, of course, totally ruin your life with drugs, booze, gambling etc then in a couple of years you can sell your story about how the X Factor wrecked your life. Meanwhile, the show is nothing more than a huge advert and money maker for Cowell Enterprises......................... and breathe..................................

cynical? Lil Ole Me? Smiley Tongue

Researcher
Post 21 of 203

Oh dear. Ranting yes but disjointed no. Too varied a selection of words or, possibly, as in Andeus, too many notes?

Director of Photography
Post 22 of 203

@ianpaul1 wrote:

The X Factor S15E02 is available from Catch Up in HD.

Production Supervisor
Post 23 of 203

@JonW42 wrote:

@ianpaul1 wrote:

I have a series link and have already watched it. But yes, it should be available on Catch Up. This is why I don't like to rely totally on Catch Up.

It's a niche programme that doesn't get many viewsers, so perhaps they don't think it's worth the bother. Smiley Happy

But to your main point - of course. That's what a PVR is supposed to do - reliably make recordings of the broadcasts of the programmes you like.

Catch-up is a safety net for people who don't plan, or don't have a PVR or any system that can record. for when it screwed up and failed to make the recording (in which case, investigate and fix - don't just rely on the safety net being there), or - perhaps - for people making the decision that they wanted it after the braodcast. Such as if a friend recommends it.

But in the vast majority of cases, you make the decision that you want to see a programme before it's broadcast.

--
I do not have a sig other than this message.
Enjoying HDR with 4k Blu-Ray, Amazon, YouTube and gaming since 2016.
Executive Producer
Post 24 of 203

@mr.tickle wrote:

@JonW42 wrote:

@ianpaul1 wrote:

It's a niche programme that doesn't get many viewsers, so perhaps they don't think it's worth the bother. Smiley Happy

But to your main point - of course. That's what a PVR is supposed to do - reliably make recordings of the broadcasts of the programmes you like.

Catch-up is a safety net for people who don't plan, or don't have a PVR or any system that can record. for when it screwed up and failed to make the recording (in which case, investigate and fix - don't just rely on the safety net being there), or - perhaps - for people making the decision that they wanted it after the braodcast. Such as if a friend recommends it.

But in the vast majority of cases, you make the decision that you want to see a programme before it's broadcast.

Another good use for Catch-Up is when you make that switch from Sky+ to Sky Q & lose the recordings you made on Sky+.

Sky+HD 2TB STB - Samsung Q7 65" UHD HDR+ Smart TV - Samsung UBD-M7500 Ultra HD 4K Blu-ray Player HDR Advanced Smart - Samsung Sound+ HW-MS650 All in One Smart Soundbar - Samsung SWA-9000S Wireless Rear Speakers
Please see my Box Sets Expiry Dates List thread on the Entertainment board.
Director of Photography
Post 25 of 203

@mr.tickle wrote:

@JonW42 wrote:

@ianpaul1 wrote:

You miss the reality of what actually happens. Some people are on Sky+HD. That only has two tuners. That means you can record a maximum of two programs and watch one that's been downloaded or recorded. Now if there are say three programs you want to watch that are on at the same time (or have an overlap), you have to rely on Catch Up. I know 2TB Q has plenty of tuners, but as you said, it may not have been recorded due to being missed, just not wanted at the time, or someone recommends it so you want to see it. Whatever the reason, Catch Up should be reliable.

Executive Producer
Post 26 of 203

@mr.tickle wrote:

I agree, but then there are plenty of us that only have two tuners. It's all too often the case that if one channel has something good on, other channels do as well, so catch up is virtually a necessity in that sense. I realise that some channels do repeat programmes at various times, but a lot don't., and whilst the +1 channels are in SD only, they're all but useless to me.

Director of Photography
Post 27 of 203

@Pacco65 wrote:

@mr.tickle wrote:

I agree, but then there are plenty of us that only have two tuners. It's all too often the case that if one channel has something good on, other channels do as well, so catch up is virtually a necessity in that sense. I realise that some channels do repeat programmes at various times, but a lot don't., and whilst the +1 channels are in SD only, they're all but useless to me.

I've wondered why the +1 channels are all SD. That makes them less than useless if the regular channel is HD.

Executive Producer
Post 28 of 203

I download things to get rid of the adverts. Most content is uploaded about an hour after broadcast so I just wait until it's available and watch the on demand.

Just annoying when sometimes it doesn't get uploaded until the following day and I end up having to watch the recording Smiley Frustrated

Director of Photography
Post 29 of 203

@ianpaul1 wrote:

I download things to get rid of the adverts. Most content is uploaded about an hour after broadcast so I just wait until it's available and watch the on demand.

Just annoying when sometimes it doesn't get uploaded until the following day and I end up having to watch the recording Smiley Frustrated

I do download sometimes instead of watching the recording. But I do stop the download if the download is more compressed then the recording.

Producer
Post 30 of 203

@Pacco65 wrote:

@mr.tickle wrote:

I often record in SD due to lack of disk space, so the +1 channels are a good alternative time slot for me. Also, we watch some recordings solely on the TV connected via Magic Eye, so again being in SD isn't an issue. 

Recommended Threads
25-08-2018 08:11 PM
23-10-2018 08:11 AM
2 weeks ago 09:07 PM
28-06-2018 09:02 AM
2 weeks ago 11:51 AM